4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2008 9:45 AM by phoffmann

ldselmon.exe

Rookie

Does any body also have memory leekeage  on servers for the ldselmon.exe process. My landesk version is 8.8 SP2 and the hardware I use is Dell.

The process will take all the memory it can get en open up more than 200,000 Handles in about 1 week. After restart the memory and handles are ok.

• 1. Re: ldselmon.exe
          Rookie

ldselmon.exe looks like landesk system event log monitoring. Did you configure alertrule(s) for monitoring system event logfiles?

If so, adjust or remove the selmon rule from the alertrule, this should bring things back to normal.

Take a look on your core in the alertqueue folder, is this filled up with xml alert files?

If you find hundreds of thousands there, it definitely is the log file monitoring.

You should report this to Landesk support.

• 2. Re: ldselmon.exe
            Rookie

I did not set up any logging on the system event. and my queue folder is empty. I have already reported this error to the support desk and they put it trough to enginering in the us. They reproduced the error and they are saying it has to do with Dell Drac. They are working on a fix right now.

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: ldselmon.exe
              Cedric FRANCOIS Apprentice

Hello,

Same problem for me on DELL PowerEdge Server ...

I'll be very interested by the patch ...

Regards

• 4. Re: ldselmon.exe
                phoffmann SupportEmployee

We've duplicated this and it's logged with engineering. Any people who are affected should open a support case and reference CR # 20613 (to make the support techs' life easier).

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead