3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 10, 2008 1:52 PM by Jared Barneck

Package Install order

Apprentice

I need to install 5 apps in order, MS SQL needs to be installed before Adobe acrobat,  needs to be installed before MS Office, before MS Project, before MS Viso.  I need to see them ALL as individual tasks so I can see if they fail or not.

What is the easies way to create the SW Dist Packages so they install in a particular order.

All feedback welcome

• 1. Re: Package Install order
          Apprentice

You could use the prerequisites tag in the package properties to set each job so that it cannot install if the other required ones are not already installed.

• 2. Re: Package Install order
            MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Colin's answers is the best for ensuring the sequence but I'm not sure you are going to get the level of reporting detail you seem to be after.  While LANDesk can sequence in this way, you don't see it as different tasks.  Either do it as Colin suggests or set up multiple tasks and you decide when to kick them off so you get true feedback.

Mark Star - MarXtar LANDesk Enhancements

Home of Power State Notifier & Wake-On-WAN for LANDesk

• 3. Re: Package Install order
              Jared Barneck SupportEmployee
              MS SQL needs to be installed before Adobe acrobat,  needs to be installed before MS Office, before MS Project, before MS Viso

Do one of the following:

1. Make them dependencies.  Visio depends on Project, which depends on Office, which depends on Adobe (which really shouldu be installed after Office so I don't know what you are doing), which depends on MS SQL.

- or -

2. Open Provisioning.  Create a Provisiong template for Post Installation and add each Distribution Package in order.  Provision the software.