2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2008 9:36 AM by rio23k

Management or Security??

Rookie

Greetings,

I have question about LANDesk Software.

1. What is the difference between Management Suite & Security Suite??

2. Is Security Suite embedded in Management Suite?? Or both are standalone??

3. How to know existing LANDesk are Security or Management Suite?? check the License or what??

Please, anyone give me an answer.

Thanks & Thanks very much.

• 1. Re: Management or Security??
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

You could easily answer this sort of question with your ESP, and while I'll give you a quick rundown here, it may be worthwhile contacting your ESP (a LANDesk partner), for this and other information. If you're unsure who the ESP's in your region are, contact our sales folks, and they'll happily point you in the right direction (this varies quite a bit based on country).

Managemant Suite is the "basic" version of LANDesk, and includes such features as Inventory, Remote Control and Software Distribution (mainly) as well as SLM (Software License Management).

Security Suite is an "addon" so to speak, in that it covers Patch management (Windows Vulnerabilities, and such), Spyware, HIPS (Host-based intrusion Prevention System), and CCM (Connection Control Manager).

Both features are installed when you install your LANDesk Core Server. They're enabled/disabled based on your license when you activate your Core (so yes - check your license).

If you - for instance - buy just LANDesk Management Suite and then buy (a few months later) Security Suite, all you need to do is re-activate your Core (so that it has the new license info), and you'll have the new options available to you in the Console. Depending on what you want to do here, this may or may not require a re-deployment of your agents.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Management or Security??
            Rookie

Ok, thanks Paul for the answer.

Really appreciate your support.

Gbu