Am in the process of evaluvating LDMS 8.8(SP2).
Am stuck with the software distribution distribution.
LDMS 8.8(SP2) runs on Windows Server 2003 - SP2
Client PCs are windows Xp-Sp2
I've created a share and also created appropriate Virtual directory in IIS server.
These are the steps i followed for the software distribution:
- In the Distribution packages tab, created a new package with the MSI package option(i tried with Microsoft Office Excel Viewer 2003)
- Didn't specify any additional files.
- Didn't specify anything in the command line options
- Specified local system account to install on client
- Created a schedule task with the Standard push delivery method
- I schedule the created task to a client PC(Windows XP Sp2)
- The window appears showing the package is copied to the machine and then the process fails.
Am i missing out any steps ?
I've enclosed the log file.
tmpDE.tmp.txt 1.8 K