2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 8, 2009 5:00 AM by English_Bloke82

Capture of HP DC7900 Image

Hi All,

I am having a couple of problems trying to capture the HP DC7900 image, I am getting the famous NIC driver not found, "IP failed to resolve etc" error which poits to the dirver not being installed.

I used the driver from the PC and injected it into the image file and re-deployed the PXE reps, though it still comes up with the same problem.

Any ideas please.

Hopefully I am not the only person forced to work over the Christmas period!

• 1. Re: Capture of HP DC7900 Image
          Jared Barneck SupportEmployee

Keep trying drivers until it works.

Make sure you only have one PXE rep per subnet. (During testing...you can have as many as you want when you aren't testing, though usually 1 to 3 per subnet is best.)

Update the drivers on the peboot.img that is on the PXE rep directly as doing that is much faster than updating the drivers on the Core, then redeploying the PXE Rep to test.  To do that, simply map a drive to the C$ share on the PXE rep from the Core or 32-bit console machine and when you start the add a driver wizard, change the path to the PE image from the default to this:

\\YourPXERep\c$\program files\landesk\pxe\system\image\peboot.img

Of course, replace "YourPXERep" with the computername of your PXE Rep.

Then you can test and add drivers as often as you want and if you screw up the image, it is ok cause you having touched the image on the Core.  Once you finally add the correct driver, and keep trying until it works because there is no other idea other than to try a different driver version, you can make the change to the Core Server.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Capture of HP DC7900 Image

Thanks for your help. Found out what the problem was in the end adding in the e1k5132.sys and .inf files were not enough. After adding the e1qn5q, nicco2, and NICinstQ dlls worked a treat.