3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2009 1:01 PM by karenpeacock

Empty Knowledgebase Search window

Apprentice

When we do a Knowledgebase Search, it says that it finds results but nothing is displayed.  I have attached a screenshot of screen that appears.  Any ideas of why the results aren't showing up?

Thanks,

Chris

• 1. Re: Empty Knowledgebase Search window
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Chris

A few suggestions:

- Do you only have articles included in your build (not incidents, changes etc)?  if so and you have knowledge domains setup on them you need to give the group you are in access to view these domains.  To do this, go into administration in console and locate your group then right-click or select from the menu "manage knowledge domains".  Whilst testing its best to add all domains into the right hand available group then you can remove as required later.

- Do you have any attributes set to display in the results pane?  You can do this via knowledge administration and I've a screenshot of how to do this on page 15 of the guide below:

http://community.landesk.com/support/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/4375-102-2-8497/Understanding%20your%20ITBM%20knowledge%20installation.pdf

- Have you tried searching in verity itself to see if the results are actually stored in your knowledge base?  This will help to let you know where the problem might lie.  If you've not done this before this is shown on page 10.

- If all else fails it might be best to force the collections to completely restart and this is covered on page 13 Q10 Starting From Scratch.

Let us know if any of these do the trick!

Thanks

Karen

• 2. Re: Empty Knowledgebase Search window
            Apprentice

I was able to get the results to show by clearing out the "In Process" data changes and rebuilding the knowledgebase.  My next question is about one of the results.  We have an Article created for an application called SmartWeb.  When you do the search, one of the results is for Article Keyword (see attachment).  I'm not sure why the Article part of the result is (NULL) and why the actual article doesn't show up in the results instead of the Article Keyword entry.

Thanks,

Chris

• 3. Re: Empty Knowledgebase Search window
              karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Glad to hear you're making good progress!  I'm not certain but I would suggest that you might need to configure the search layout settings for the article keyword object?  This is on the bottom of page 15 on the same guide.  You might need to run a rebuild afterwards.

Let us know how it goes.

Best wishes

Karen