2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2009 8:58 AM by jpozucek

Error creating remote control agent

jpozucek Apprentice

I get the following error when trying to create a remote control agent for the Gateway.

----------

FCIAddFile() failed(rchelper.exe): code 1 [Failure opening file to be stored in cabinet]

Add File [rchelper.exe] failed!

MakeCAB failed

-------------

Can anyone tell me where this file should be so the process can find it?

Thank you,

Jim

• 1. Re: Error creating remote control agent
          Truffles SupportEmployee

RCHelper.exe was a file created in LANDesk 8.7 (and included in 8.8) to assist remote control on Vista based systems. New changes to the vista operating system prevented a standard Control + Alt + Delete from being sent through remote control which is where rchelper.exe comes in.

The file should be located in the C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\ldlogon folder on the core. The file should also be located under the C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient folder on the client system. Other changes to the OS are needed to make this patch work but those are the file locations.

Truffles

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Error creating remote control agent
            jpozucek Apprentice

Thanks for the info.  I will have to look deeper into this issue.  I've inherited administration of the system from a former employee and I'm in catch-up mode trying get everything working.    Since I posted this email I found that our Management Gateway activation has expired also.  I will need to resolve that first.