3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2009 2:00 AM by phoffmann

Problem with Unmanaged devices

Rookie

Hi

I hope someone can help me with this problem, running version 8.8 sp 2 and I have computers that are showing in the unmanaged device discovery and will not allow me to drop and drag to scheduled task.  I have most of our machines setup and managed, but these last 8 computers will not move.  I get the an X when trying to drop and drag.  I have done this with many other computers so I know how to drop and drag.  I would appreciate any input anything has.

Thank You

• 1. Re: Problem with Unmanaged devices
          Employee

try and drag the systems again.  Right after it does not allow you.  Get the console.exe.log from the core server and post it to this thread.

• 2. Re: Problem with Unmanaged devices
            Master

Hi,

Also with unmanaged devices they can only be dropped onto one type of task. The task must be created by going into Agent Configuration > Right click on your agent > select "schedule agent deployment" > drag and drop the 8 machines on to this task only and see if you get the same results.

• 3. Re: Problem with Unmanaged devices
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

Actually that's only 50% true.

There's actually two tasks they can be dragged into.

The first is - as you stated - the Agent Deployment.

The second is a custom script based on "Restore Client Records" - which essentially sends back a full /SYNC scan (the idea being that your database breaks catastrophically - you make a new one - use UDD to discover devices, and then run this script to force inventory to come in, since they already have a LANDesk client).

Useful little detail to know .

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful