LDMS 8.8 SP2A
Client Windows XP SP3
2 Packages: Toto_v1.0.msi and Toto_v2.0.msi
I have a question regarding the order of the software distribution tasks.
I will explain all the steps I have done:
1) Create a standard MSI packages with the software Toto_V1.0.msi
Then Create a second MSI packages with the software Toto_V1.0.msi but Uninstall options
Make a association between both packages under the uninstall Option
2) Do exactly the same for Toto_v2.0.msi...
3) Create a delivery method Policy only
4) Then create a scheduled tasks with the Packages Toto_V1.0.msi, the delivey method Policy just created and put
Computer LDAP group as the Target.
The installation works fine everything OK.
5) Then create a new scheduled tasks with the Packages Toto_V2.0.msi, the same delivey method Policy and put
the same Computer LDAP group as the Target.
And now the goal is to delete the scheduled task with Toto_V1.0.msi (Then the uninstall association will start) and start the new task
The result of these actions work, the packages Toto_V1.0.msi is uninstalled and the new packages Toto_V2.0.msi is installed.
The problem reside of the order, how LDMS handled this? Is the uninstallation first or the installation first?
Because for some packages MSI error can occur if you try to install a packages before uninstall another one.
Is Somebody able to answer me.