When the PXE Boot Menu loads and we select ANY image, we are getting a DOS screen with "Error: Invalid MAC address</RunScriptResult></RunScriptResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope> Press enter to continue".
We have followed the 4 suggested fixes in the LANDesk Support doc to no avail http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-1079.
- We have checked there are no instances of this machine (PXE client) in the core server, so there should not be a duplicate device problem.
- We have checked that ALL LANDesk services, including the Inventory service, ARE running as normal.
- We have stopped the Inventory service, moved all .SCN mini-scan files from \...\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\ldscan to a backup folder then restarted the Inventory service.
- We have also restarted the IIS Admin service & WWW Publishing service.
- From our experience, a successful PXE boot sends a miniscan (.SCN file) of the machine to the database. However, when monitoring the \...\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\ldscan folder this does appear to be happening so this could be the root cause of the problem. We have tried different machines also.
We are still getting the "Invalid MAC address" error when PXE Booting ANY machine from different PXE Reps. Can anyone offer any help please?