1 of 1 people found this helpful
From one of your affected clients open up a cmd prompt.
Type telnet corename 5007 (replace corename with the name of your core)
If the screen goes black then we know the client can establish connection to the core over the inventory port. If the connection fails to open then look into your firewalls and networking.
If your connection succeeds then its possible there is a problem with your LANDesk Management Agent is not running or installed correctly. To test that you could browse to the ldclient folder on the affected machine, right click on cba8inst.msi and choose uninstall. Once done right click and choose install. Test again and then post your results.
1. Telnet corename 5007 make the screen going black
2. I try to update my LDMS agent by using advance agent, but nothing happens ... only a new service call LANDesk Advance Agent is created but nothing happens
3. I unistall C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\cba8inst.msi nothing seems to happen
4. I install C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\cba8inst.msi it tooks 2 seconds ...
5. Telnet corename 5007 make the screen going black
6. The inventory scan seems to work ...
Francois, based on the last 4 steps you noted, you have proven that the Standard Management Agent was not working correctly on that machine. The cause behind this is outlined in the following community article DOC-4449. Essentially all you will need to do is ensure you are running SP2a on your core, then apply the patch CLN-977388.2-2 and use advance agent to deploy your agents so the management agent service can be repaired and upgraded.
This will both fix the affected agents and prevent this issue from returning down the road.