2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2009 3:40 PM by ahe

Snooze reboot dialog??

Apprentice

I looked at the options in the installation behaviors, and I couldn't figure out how to make the reboot optional/snooze-able (for installations that require a reboot) for the end user when an end user is logged in. Similar to the behavior that happens when patches are applied by LANDesk. Can anyone point me in the right direction? The install package source is a single MSI file if that makes a difference.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Snooze reboot dialog??
          cknott SupportEmployee

If you are pushing the package through Software Distribution using a delivery method, the reboot behavior/snooze option is not available.  Those options are available for Patch manager.

If that is a requirement you can pretty easily create a custom definition that installs the MSI which would give you the reboot control.

Sorry for the bad news, this is something that I hope we are able to change soon.

• 2. Re: Snooze reboot dialog??
            ahe Expert

Hello,

you can create a message in your package which pop up, if a user is logged on...

Take a look in the following docs which could help:

About Batch File Distribution Packages

Running Commands as the Logged on User Using StartAsUser.exe

How to use Registry Keys in a Batch File

Currently I've got nearly the same question from a collegue, so I'll think about...

One first quick idea, check this registry entry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon \ AltDefaultUserName

or

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion\ Winlogon \ DefaultUserName

With AutoIT:

Global $loggegInUser = RegRead("HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\", "AltDefaultUserName") 
             Msgbox(64, "Value", $loggegInUser)

With batch s. the links above, you can use this command line:

reg query "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\Winlogon" /v AltDefaultUserName

Regards

Axel