3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2009 4:15 AM by phoffmann

Patches Deployment and Iron Mountain Problem "scheduled Stays in pending and does not push through or sucess"

Rookie

Hi Good morning,

I need help, previously, I'm having a problem with IIS but its already fixed through good back up.

The main problem is that everytime i create a package and distribute it it wont push throug, it just stays in Pending, and it will not be succesful neither failed,

I can remote, check users and local groups, and check inventory, but I cannot Patch or push software.

and another problem is windows update on previously deployed units is disabled, is there a way we can patch windows update even though it is disabled.

Thanks in anvance,

Joe

• 1. Re: Patches Deployment and Iron Mountain Problem "scheduled Stays in pending and does not push through or sucess"
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

So ...

... if you HAVE patch manager ... you don't need Windows Update as such. I'm a bit confused what you're trying to do there.

As for the patching problem of this Iron Mountain thing -- what mechanisms are you using? Are you using Custom Vulnerabilities in patch manager? Or are you just trying to install the patch to the software as a "normal software distribution package".

A more detailed explanation of what your doing (and particularly HOW) is necessary before we can point you at the right logfiles & co to look at, since they vary A LOT based on what you're doing (and how).

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: Patches Deployment and Iron Mountain Problem "scheduled Stays in pending and does not push through or sucess"
            Rookie

Hi,

Sorry for the poor gramar and details,

just figure out the problem on deploying applications, it wount push through because the scheduler task service is stop,

just need help, on windows update,  all deployed computers are not updated, is there an easier way deploying updates one time only.

It will be hard to create 1 package per updat, what I mean is that all updates will be deployed on one package??

Thanks,

Joe

• 3. Re: Patches Deployment and Iron Mountain Problem "scheduled Stays in pending and does not push through or sucess"
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

What's your native  language ... we do provide support (and technical pre-sales) in various languages, so we may be able to help out here some.

As for the patch installation -- it's a bit tricky to say "you'll be able to get away with 1 install" ... since often after installing patch A, you will then be vulnerable to patch B.

For example, if you upgrade your XP to XP + SP3, you THEN become (legitimately) vulnerable to the post-SP3 updates. You technically are vulnerable to those previous to XP SP3 as well, but SP3 is the pre-requisite basis to be able to do something about them .

But anyway - this is EXACTLY what the Patch Manager module is about. If you don't have Patch Manager, I'd recommend you trial it (contact your LANDesk sales rep for a trial license of Patch Manager). That would allow you to target a client (or several) and install patches on them that they're vulnerable to.

If you're trying to actually automate Windows Update itself, that I can't help with (since I'm for a start not aware of it really having much (well - any) of a command-line based call method).

Does this answer your question somewhat?

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead