6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2009 8:27 AM by jheinrich

Error on accessing alerts...

Rookie

I have LD88SP2A installed.  I am trying to access alerts so that I can configure them but get an error every time the alert window tries to open.  I get a certificate warning, the alerts window starts to open, and then I get the below message.  I think there is a commnicatioins error between alerts and my core, but I don't know where to go in and double check that.  We recently had to move landesk to a new core, due to problems with the installation.  Is there a file/log that I can look into to check to see where the alerts are pointing and if so, how do I change the location of where the alerts are pointing?  thank  you...

Error retrieving Data: (mx.messaging.messages::ErrorMessage)#0
        body = (Object)#1
        clientId = "DirectHTTPChannel0"
        correlationId = "318ABB8E-F609-6853-9E5B-47102FD49AD3"
        destination = ""
        extendedData = (null)
        faultCode = "Server.Error.Request"
        faultDetail = "Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false ca...

• 1. Re: Error on accessing alerts...
          cknott SupportEmployee

Julie,  you probably need to put in the core server name under the Web Console box.  On the core, go to Configure | Services and its there on the general tab.

• 2. Re: Error on accessing alerts...
            Rookie

I have the core server name listed in the Web Console Settings.  I even tried the IP of the server.  I still get the certificate window indicating that the cert. does not match the one on the server, and then the error.

• 3. Re: Error on accessing alerts...
              Rookie

I also went through the steps listed in http://forum.landesk.com/support/message/14769#14769

I already had the .srv entry in both LDSM and remote.

• 4. Re: Error on accessing alerts...
                Rookie

I also looked into ELM and noticed these errors every time I tried to open up an alert set for editing:

Failed to initialize the AppDomain:/LM/W3SVC/1/Root/remote

Exception: System.IO.FileLoadException

Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. Access is denied.

StackTrace: at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Activator.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at System.AppDomain.CreateInstance(String assemblyName, String typeName)

at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironment(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateAppDomainWithHostingEnvironmentAndReportErrors(String appId, IApplicationHost appHost, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

For more information, see Help and Support Center at

and then:

Failed to execute request because the App-Domain could not be created. Error: 0x80070005 Access is denied.

• 5. Re: Error on accessing alerts...
                  Apprentice

Hi Julie,

Verify security in folder "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\remote". There should be the following accounts:

Local administrator (Full control)

ASP.NET Machine Account (Allow: Read & Execute, List Folders and Read)

Local ISS_WPG (Allow: Read & Execute, List Folders and Read)

Local Internet Guest Account (Deny: Write)

Local Landesk Management Group (Full Control)

Local System account (Full Control)

Good luck

Pedro

• 6. Re: Error on accessing alerts...
                    Rookie

Our install was missing some IIS components and App Pools which required a reinstall.  After that, there were some access permissions that needed to be reset and we are able to access alerts fine now.