This can be tricky. The easiest thing may be to just switch the fields in the window so the title is actually the name, but it still has the "Title:" next to it. But this won't fix the lists of users.
The only other way to fix this (that I can think of) would be to create a temp column in the database and move the fields around. This could be a little complicated and you may need run into some constraint problems (if you null out all the values when you move them) so you would want to look at setting up a pointer or something to walk through the records one by one. Also, if you do this you'll want to update all of your data imports that bring in users so that they are mapping to the right fields.
i had this problem at customers site within the configuration management, they want another field to be the name field and so i build a script. I added you the script for the users to change the name field.I tested it and its working. the only point is, is this supported by landesk...
Dont forget to make a backup before trying...!!!