Configure Software License Monitoring to find a specific .exe
Note: If you are scanning for a file extension other than an .exe, you will need to add the file extension to the ldappl3.template on the "ScanExtensions" line before proceeding.
To scan for a file, the file needs to be put in the ldappl3.ini file. This should be done through the Software License Monitoring portion of the console. This is done by following the steps below.
1. Click on Tools (Reporting / Monitoring) Software License Monitoring.
2. From the Software License Monitoring window, click on the "" sign next to Inventory. Then click on the "" sign next to Files.
3. Right click on "To Be Scanned" and select "New File"
4. On the window that pops up, enter in the name of the .EXE file to be scanned for. For example, see "GoogleEarth.exe" in the Filename field below.
5. If the size of the file to be scanned is known, enter it in bytes in the field provided. If it is unknown, or all sizes of the .exe are desired, then enter the number "1" in the Size field. The number "1" in this field will serve as a wildcard.
6. Enter the Product Name in the "Product Name" field or select it from the drop down menu if it is available.
7. Enter the vendor name in the Vendor field or select it from the drop down menu if it is available.
8. If the version of the file to be scanned is known, enter it in the field provided. If it is unknown, or all versions of the .exe are desired, then enter an "x" in the Version field. The letter "x" in this field will serve as a wildcard.
9. Leave the Action or state set to "To Be Scanned"
10. Change the Scan Method to "Use information from file header"
11. Click "OK"
12. Making the changes available to the clients On the toolbar in the software monitoring window, click on "Make Available to Clients".
When the clients send in their inventory scan with the file information, those files you scanned for with the "Wildcard" will be placed in the "ToBeDispositioned" folder and will need to be move to the "ToBeScanned" folder. After they have been move to the "ToBeScanned" folder you will need to do the "Make Available To Clients" again before your computers inventory will display the file in inventory.
thanks, worked perfectly, was the extension scan part I missed out.