12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 1:29 PM by [email protected]

Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?

louise.piper@it.ox.ac.uk Apprentice

I'm sure I saw that Service Catalog pages would be customisable in 2015.2, but I cannot find the relevant Layout.

Has anyone been able to change their page layout? If so where can I find it please?

All I can find is this:

Thanks

Louise

• 1. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
          joetetley Apprentice

I was looking at this recently too and I don't think you can do this in the current version.  Would be a good feature request as it seems to be quite limited at the moment.

• 2. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
            chris1 Apprentice

I am not sure exactly what you want to do, but you may be able to get some of what you are looking for with the following instructions:

NOTE: I did get these instructions from support.

To customize a new Service Request Layout in MyItems for Self Service Users you will need to get rid of the existing MyItems and configure new one with the enhancement to the grid customization. You can accomplish this by following the steps below :

1. 1. Log in as Administrator
            2. 2. Go to Configure Application
            3. 3. In the Service Request Business Object - create a new layout with a form and grid designed for Self Service Users.
            4. 4. Once the layout has been created navigate to Roles and Permissions.
            5. 5. Select ‘Self-Service' Role‘
            6. 6. Click "Add New Tab"
            7. 7. Navigate to "Object Workspace"
            8. 8. Fill in Name for the tab ( i.e Service Request)
            9. 9. For Object, select Service Request
            10. 10. For Layout, select the layout you created in step 3.
            11. 11. Click "Add This Tab"
            12. 12. Repeat the above steps for Incident and Approval or any other business object that you desire for Self Service users to see. (Note: for Incident use the layout "Incident.WebSelfService.New")
            13. 13. In the  "Top Level Tabs" workspace find and delete the current MyItems tab for Self-Service Role
            14. 14. Now add a new tab - Select "Add New Tab"
            15. 15. Navigate to "My Items"
            16. 16. Fill in Name for the tab
            17. 17. In the drop-down menu for Object Name find and select My Item
            18. 18. Then click, "configure" and select the FRS_MyItem layout under "Single Layout"
            19. 19. Save.
            20. 20. Now go to Business object and search for "FRS_MyItem"
            21. 21. Select ‘Grids’ and open grid ‘FRS_MyItem’
            22. 22. Click on ‘List Properties’ and for the ‘Go to’ drop-down select ‘ParentLink’ and save.
            23. 23. Now login as self-service and you can see the new My Items tab which is customized according to the users preferences. Clicking on a Service Request record or Incident record will go to the form view that was defined in step 3.
            3 of 3 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?

Hi Joe yes I agree. I saw your Ideas re the HEAT Customer Support and have voted it up.

• 4. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?

Thanks for your very detailed response. I can see how this could work really well, however I still don't seem to be able to see or select fields related to the Service Request, such as Notes and Tasks. What I'd really like to do is change the layout of the Service Request progress tab in My Items. The information is useful but I'd like to be able to change some of the labels (e.g. our users don't care what a Task is), field sizes etc. as you can do in other forms.

Support came back to us and suggested we create a new layout and form against the Service request business object, and assign that to the Self Service My Items configuration under Request Offering parameters. I can do this, but I still cannot see the Notes and Tasks. Are you able to do this in your revised My Items layout?

• 5. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
                  Apprentice

Using the custom form option I put this design together. Not sure if this is what you are looking for. If so let me know so I can advise. It does have it's own drawbacks though, for example when you need to save a form i.e. after adding an attachment

Capture1.PNG

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?

Hi Chris. Yes this is the kind of thing I was thinking of. I'd like the user to be able to see what stage their request is at, but without using the standard terminology and layout as it stands in the existing Service Request progress tab. I'd like to use the information contained in the tab but not the way it is presented.

I'm going to talk to Support about it later this morning but it would be really useful to know how you did this and more about the drawbacks.

Thanks / Regards

Louise

• 7. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
                      Apprentice

Hi Louise.

First you will need to create a new form under the Service Request business object. This will be what the customer sees when they access the ticket throught My Items.In the most part these fields are read only being from a customer point of view rather than a user. The Notes and Email History is a flex setting which pulls through published emails and notes defined in the ServiceReqContainsJournal relationship.

The layout I went for was this -

Once this is setup you need to create a new layout which I called Ticket Details (This title becomes the title of the tab)

I don't think it matters but this is the layout setup with the form view linking to the new form and the gridview to an existing list (it will never be used anyway) -

Once you have saved this head on over to the Page Layouts and go to Self Service.

Change the My Items configuration for Service Requests and select Business Object Form and the New Layout -

The Request Information tick boxes will still appear on the left of the ticket (if they are ticked) but when you go to a ticket in self service now you will see the new tab

The problem I found was that with any other layout you would have a toolbar with a save option. The attachment control I have embedded in the form will allow users to add a file but there is no way to save the form after. An attachment is not saved to the database until it is uploaded which means it is stuck in limbo. I've tried lots of combinations but there is nothing to trigger a save. My view is that a user should be able to edit and attach after creation but creating a custom form takes away any possibility of doing this so I had to hand it to HEAT to look into - may be a feature request.

Hope this helps but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Chris

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
                        Apprentice

Hi All,

I did all of the above specified by both the Chris. Added new form & layout in Service Request and used that to edit My Items instead of using Custom form.

However, on the new form I created something similar to custom form using Related Objects List (in Other), this has Flex settings which gives you various options to modify the related object. Like I used Jounral.Notes to be added to Service Request.

With Attachment, I faced same issue for saving an attachment. However, fixed it by adding a command button (Save Attachment) that runs a quick action (update object) and ensure you select Auto Save option.

• 9. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
                          Apprentice

Hi Louise,

I did all of the above specified by both the Chris. Added new form & layout in Service Request and used that to edit My Items instead of using Custom form.

However, on the new form I created something similar to custom form using Related Objects List (in Other), this has Flex settings which gives you various options to modify the related object. Like I used Jounral.Notes to be added to Service Request.

With Attachment, I faced same issue for saving an attachment. However, fixed it by adding a command button (Save Attachment) that runs a quick action (update object) and ensure you select Auto Save option.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                          • 10. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
                            Apprentice

I'll have to explore this avenue. I may have exhausted all options along another route (a trigger to auto save) and missed this as an option

Will feedback how I get on - Thanks

• 11. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
                              Apprentice

Actually can't believe how easy that was - both me and the support guys tried to find a work around a while ao and the incident is still open with them. Will have to get it closed now. Thanks

• 12. Re: Has anyone customised the page layout in Service Catalog?
                                giedrius.bekintis@synergy.lt Rookie

I tried to follow your instruction, but if in 14-15 steps I choose My Item workspace type I am getting empty list of items. if I choose object workspace everything starts to work. Is it error in Your description or i am missing something?