4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 10:49 AM by dcogny

Does anyone have any experience using email distribution groups for teams, or emails within workflow?

pugliesj Apprentice

For some of our workflow we want to be able to send out emails to 20-40 users, instead of adding each individually to the email in the workflow we created a distribution group, but the HEAT system is not able to use it.

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Does anyone have any experience using email distribution groups for teams, or emails within workflow?
          chris1 Apprentice

What version of HEAT are you using? Heat Cloud?

We are sending notifications out to multiple users in workflow using a Contact Group and also to multiple people through the use of email lists. What do you mean distribution group? A distribution group in HEAT or somewhere else?

• 2. Re: Does anyone have any experience using email distribution groups for teams, or emails within workflow?
            pugliesj Apprentice

We are using HEAT 2015.1 on premise.  How do you set up a contact group, this sounds like what I need to do.

one group or email that sends out to multiple people.

Thanks

Jennifer Pugliese

Manager of User Support | Information Technology

Thunder Bay Regional Health Sciences Centre & St. Joseph's Care Group

Mailing Address: 980 Oliver Road | Thunder Bay, ON | P7B 6V4

Office Location:  1040 Oliver Road, Suite 401 | Thunder Bay, ON | P7B 7A5

( Phone 807-684-6407

:Email [email protected]

"INFORM, ENABLE, TRANSFORM"

The information in this message may be confidential. It is intended only for the addressee(s) identified above. If you are not the addressee(s), or an employee or agent of the addressee(s), please note that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please destroy the document and notify the sender of the error. Thank You.

This post uses only 100% recycled electrons.  Thank you for not printing this message.

• 3. Re: Does anyone have any experience using email distribution groups for teams, or emails within workflow?
              chris1 Apprentice

I am on HEAT Cloud 2015.2.1 but this should work fine for you, open the Contact Group form and add a new group to house the users.

Once you add the Contact group you can link in the users you would like to get the notifications (I am assuming that these people are in the HEAT Employee form or can be added to it).

Finally, you just need to call define the Contact Group in a notification block in your workflow. On the To: address line just open the Address book

Go to the Contact Group tab and select the contact group you created above.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Does anyone have any experience using email distribution groups for teams, or emails within workflow?
                dcogny Expert

Hi,

I have a similar question, I was able to get so far, but:

What if I don't know the contact group?

My case: We send a notification to the whole team whenever a new task is assigned to the Team. so I need one rule that depending on the team "receiving" the task the system selects the appropriate contact group.

What you showed allow me to hand pick the contact group, how can I say "$(ContactGroup.Name == Team.Name"?

Thanks.

Daniel.