5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2016 8:48 AM by chris.machnicki

one role and two layouts

m.kasper Apprentice

Hello,

giot a strange feature in one HEAT Application. There are two layouts assigned to the Admin role. One which was there before and a second one named "Incident Layout 0". Has anyone made similar experiance? Is it ok to delete?

• 1. Re: one role and two layouts
          Apprentice

Incident Layout 0 is the default OOTB layout as far as I am aware. As long as you have moved allt he roles onto your own design I see no problem deleting it - if you can!

I have the same problem that although the administrator role now belongs to a new layout it also belongs to the Incident Layout 0 too. I did some tests and it looks like its not the same administrator role - almost like there are two administrator roles with the same display name.

I've just tried to remove the layout and as suspected you will get an error -

• Unhandled system exception: Layout Incident Layout 0 referenced in role "ServiceOwner". Ref. found in: Workspaces[3].jsonConfig.myItemsConfig.LayoutName role "Admin". Ref. found in: Workspaces[121].jsonConfig.myItemsConfig.LayoutName object "ServiceReqTemplate[09B9CA5C5A3A4F40BCEC7F5369FF8FBF]". Ref. found in: Data[Cannot Access Drive X].BusinessObjectLayoutName object "ServiceReqTemplate[10375B9F10F3420E92278A3EE5F4C6D9]". Ref. found in: Data[Voicemail Problem].BusinessObjectLayoutName object "ServiceReqTemplate[4246EF15E7BA4A40BFC07C9BC9DFE336]". Ref. found in: Data[VPN Connection Failure].BusinessObjectLayoutName and 12 more references

This error suggest that the ServiceOwner role is also assigned to the 'Incident Layout 0' layout. Going over to the ServiceOwner role in the page layouts workspace I found incident was not even setup so I tried adding the incident object workspace to the ServiceOwner and now also have serviceowner assigned to both Incident Layout 0 and the redesigned layout.

If I then try to delete the layout I get -

• Unhandled system exception: Layout Incident Layout 0 referenced in role "Admin". Ref. found in: Workspaces[121].jsonConfig.myItemsConfig.LayoutName role "ServiceOwner". Ref. found in: Workspaces[23].jsonConfig.layout object "ServiceReqTemplate[09B9CA5C5A3A4F40BCEC7F5369FF8FBF]". Ref. found in: Data[Cannot Access Drive X].BusinessObjectLayoutName object "ServiceReqTemplate[10375B9F10F3420E92278A3EE5F4C6D9]". Ref. found in: Data[Voicemail Problem].BusinessObjectLayoutName object "ServiceReqTemplate[4246EF15E7BA4A40BFC07C9BC9DFE336]". Ref. found in: Data[VPN Connection Failure].BusinessObjectLayoutName and 13 more references

I changed the admin over to Incident Layout 0 too and I now have this setup -

It looks like a bug to me and you will struggle to remove the role.
          Raised with HEAT on Incident ref - 30216317

• 2. Re: one role and two layouts
            rcarins@cssdelivers.com Apprentice

Hi,

Incident layout 0 is a pretty important layout OOTB, it is used in the service catalogue for Incident form request offerings:

Deleting it would break all of the OOTB offerings that exists for creating Incidents from the Service Catalogue (even if you could delete it).

Cheers,

Ross

• 3. Re: one role and two layouts
              Apprentice

If you've designed your layouts with this as a consideration it wouldn't be a problem though - would it?

• 4. Re: one role and two layouts
                Apprentice

This is now scheduled for release in 2016.1.1 under RM240672

• 5. Re: one role and two layouts
                  Apprentice

Recevied this back from Paul today. I tested and incident layout 0 is now unused -

To remove the reference go to

Admin UI -> Configure -> Users and Permissions -> Roles and Permissions ->

1. Select Role ServiceOwner

2. Select Top Level tabs from top

3. Select "My Items" from the list

4. Under section "My Items' Configuration", BO Incident it selected already. Click on Configure to see the layout

1 of 1 people found this helpful