Thanks! We've been looking for something like this. I do have a few questions though.
- Based on the documentation, it looks like additional infrastructure, aside from HEAT and Lync 2013 is needed from Think Tank to get this to work. Is that correct?
- Does this work with HEAT Cloud or just premise deployments?
- Is it just one way initiation (analyst to customer) or can it be used from Self Service for a customer to contact the Service Desk?
yes, you would need to run the Connector service which is usually installed on your premises to connect HEAT with Skype
It runs with both, cloud and premise HEAT deployments
I think it can also be used by the end user, as long as the end user knows the Support Desk's Skype address
Please contact me at email@example.com to discuss this in more detail.
Hi Susan, Did you try using the ThinkTank's Skype for Business Integrator? I'm just wondering what you've learnt from it as we are interested in it.
No, we haven't used it. We're just in the exploration stage at this point.
Thanks for your response Susan.
We are in the process of integrating Lync / Skype for Business with the Heat Software. We already have pre - built integrators for other ITSM products with the following functionalities:
- One click incident/request creation from the IM window
- IM/Voice Conversation update in the incident and request
- IM/Voice Skill based routing
- Web chat - Skype Integration
- CTI/Screen Pop up
To Understand our solution better, Sign up for a demo : Lync Adapter | Sensiple