8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 23, 2016 2:22 AM by [email protected]

Using Direct Links to access Request Offerings

louise.piper@it.ox.ac.uk Apprentice

We're launching our Service Catalogue shortly and plan to use direct links to guide customers to specific request offerings from web pages external to HEAT. So the customer is taken straight to the correct form without needing to navigate at all.

I've noticed that the URL created by the ‘Direct Link to this Offering’ button on the Define Request Offering screen does not always take the customer straight to the offering. Users who have additional roles to Self Service sometimes have to select the role and then click the link again. We also use external authentication which throws up some errors.

HEAT online Help seems to indicate that a section of the URL is missing as it is not selecting the role by default:

HEAT Online Help

Self Service: Create a New Service Request

https://tenant_URL/Login.aspx?

Scope=SelfService

&Role=SelfService

&CommandId=New

&Tab=ServiceCatalog

&Template=OfferingRecID

I've raised an incident with support who say there is an RM for it and are investigating but has anyone else come across this? If so, how do you manage it?

Do other people manage without having to over-ride the URL generated by the request offering?

Do you know a reason why one might not always want the URL to select the Self Service role by default if we are using the out-of-the-box roles?

I'd like to be able to make the URL available to Service Owners so they can publish it appropriately but I think this means we'd have to do that manually.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Louise