2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2016 1:40 PM by [email protected]

Is it possible to add analytics to KB and self-service pages?

Rookie

My goal is to find data on potential self-service fixes that we may not otherwise know about. Once a user begins the self-service logging process, they're offered KB articles based on their incident summary. Is there a way to track if our user then moves to view a KB and doesn't return to submit a ticket?

If this isn't built-in, is it possible to integrate a 3rd-party solution like Google Analytics?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Is it possible to add analytics to KB and self-service pages?
          elysey Apprentice

Hi Oliver

The number of views are already tracked in the KB articles

But I don't think the system can track if the did view it and didn't submitted a ticket.  I guess the number of linked Incident vs number of views might give you that but that's just a high level.  I am interested in the idea though of using Google Analytics, never though about that Would be interesting to see where you go with it.  Might do a bit of reading myself

• 2. Re: Is it possible to add analytics to KB and self-service pages?
            a.mossop@qut.edu.au Apprentice

I have submitted a RM for this type of information. We have also recently and I'm sad to say unsuccessfully tried to hijack the function which increments the hitcounter on articles to populate the following "additional information" into a new child object that we call "article stats":

- date and time of the hit

- role used to view eg self service

- username used to view

- org unit of viewer

Sadly there doesn't appear to be an apparent business rule or such which incriments the hitcounter.

1 of 1 people found this helpful