2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2016 4:00 AM by florian1

Managing team membership

chooi Apprentice

Has anyone got any recommendation or best practise advice on managing team membership and change of membership.

1. A team member may have left the organisation and need to be removed and not be displayed as part of his/her Standard User Team/EmployeeTeam

2. A team member moves from one team to another team and no longer has responsibility in the previous team.

I know that if a team member is removed from a team, all existing tickets still assigned to that member when they were in the team will need to be updated.

If I only reassigned ownership to another team member for active tickets but not closed tickets will there be any side affects. For example, if the team member displays all his/her Incidents, will it display tickets from his/her previous and new team?

Any feedback will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Managing team membership
          elysey Apprentice

Hi Chooi

One of the features introduced in the new release was the Find and Replace quick action.  I haven't personally used it myself but may want to have a look at it and give that a go to see if it suits your needs to update remnant records when an employee is added/removed to/from teams.

Find and Replace Quick Action

• 2. Re: Managing team membership
            florian1 Expert

Hi Chooi,

I haven't implemented this yet but I am thinking about this as a Service Request (e.g. "HEAT Adjustments").

Unfortunately I can't do this automatically (e.g. during the LDAP Import) since I will always need to have input from others (where to assign open tickets etc.).

1) Adjustment Type:

-> Team Administration

-> [...]

(when Team Administration is selected:)

2) Team:

-> (PickList with requestor's Teams)

-> (PickList Employee constrained by team)

3) Task:

-> change Team

-> move Tickets

-> [...]

4) Target

-> (Active Teams)

-> (PickList Employee constrained by team)

Now, within your workflow you can either use a "Find and Replace" QuickAction or do a WebService call.

There shouldn't be any side effects since Owner and Owner_Valid will be updated.