2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2016 6:48 AM by chooi

How to set task escalation clock (esc_watch) to match Change implementation datetime

chooi Apprentice

Does anyone know how to set the resolution escalation clock on a task assignment to the value of an implementation datetime field on a change record?

Scenario:

I want to set the resolution escalation clock of tasks created in the change workflow to match an implementation datetime field (date and time picker control type) on the change record.

Our change records often have forward implementation datetime (e.g. one month's time), therefore I do not want task resolution escalation clock to start running until the planned change implementation datetime.

Otherwise, the task escalation is incorrect and task assignees will get task escalation notifications before the change implementation start datetime.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to set task escalation clock (esc_watch) to match Change implementation datetime
          florian1 Expert

Hi Chooi,

I had the same issue and many analysts were complaining..

My solution:

- Push the Change's start/end date to the Task (ChangeContainsTask):

- Create a field in the Task.Assignment BO (or Task if you plan to use it for other Task Types as well).

I have created XTN_ParentObjectType (nvarchar(60))

- Add a BeforeSave rule for this field:

XTN_ParentObjectType = $(ParentLink_Category)

- Create a new Validation BusinessObject containing all BusinessObject Types with tasks

(To set exceptions in the EscalationSchedule we need a validated field.)

[...]

- Create a PickList to this object

- have your field validated (in my case XTN_ParentObjectType)

- Finally set exceptions in your escalation schedule:

Cheers,

Florian

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to set task escalation clock (esc_watch) to match Change implementation datetime
            chooi Apprentice

Thank you so much Florian. I think your answer should be in HEAT Knowledge base or Admin Help because I feel this would be a common requirement in Change, unless task assignments and its escalation are not used.