2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2016 3:12 PM by daveb1

Does anyone know if you can export a list of all employees and roles assigned in HEAT Cloud?

qicclouduser Rookie

We currently run a sql script to extract this data for audit purposes but going live on Cloud soon and looking to see how we can pull this type of data? 

• 1. Re: Does anyone know if you can export a list of all employees and roles assigned in HEAT Cloud?
          florian1 Expert

Hi Jesse,

you can simply create a SSRS report with the Information you need.

Have a closer look at "Creating reports and templates".

I'm not sure how this works for cloud customers though.

Cheers,

Florian

• 2. Re: Does anyone know if you can export a list of all employees and roles assigned in HEAT Cloud?
            daveb1 Apprentice

Hi,

One option would be to use the built-in button in the upper right corner of the employee workspace labeled 'Export Employee List'.  You may have to modify the quick action to include more fields as needed.

However it does not include role (or team) information.  You can put an expression in the field output of the 'Export to Microsoft Excel' quick action type instead of picking a field.  So I thought why not use the ForEachChild function in and expression to get all of the roles (or teams).  However this did not work because you are not allowed to use this function in this context.  This is not documented anywhere, in fact the help indicates you can use this function in quick actions.  The error I received was "Unhandled exception: Function ForEachChild is not supported in a database query."

The next best thing is to create a new field on employee called EmployeeRoles of Text(2000) that is not stored, then create a calculation rule on that new field that uses the expression $(ForEachChild("Employee#", RecId, "frs_def_role#.", "DisplayName + ', '", "DisplayName ASC")) to populate its values.  This will output a comma delimited list of roles, sorted by role displayname per employee.

Then you can add the new field to the 'Export Employee List' quick action.  Something similar could be done for teams.

Thanks,

David