4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2016 7:59 AM by florian1

Add static content to the self service portal

simacit Apprentice

Hi

What's the recommended way to add static content specific to one Org Unit as 'Contact Information' to a Self Service portal in HEAT Service Management?

Thx

Simac IT

• 1. Re: Add static content to the self service portal
          florian1 Expert

Hi Rene,

is it only about some text boxes to be shown? Or are we talking about pictures, documents and so on?

And is it for one/two Org Units only or for many different ones?

Cheers,

Florian

• 2. Re: Add static content to the self service portal
            simacit Apprentice

Hi Florian

the request came from one of our customers who liked to see on their service portal some general information about hours of operation and phone numbers they could contact in case of trouble or urgent requests. So it's only text, specific for one or more org units.

In the meantime we know about the advanced features of the version 2016.1 and 2016.2 (coming soon) of self service portal customisation. After upgrade to 2016.1.1 (next week) we will try to find out if the can fullfill this request.

Cheers

René

• 3. Re: Add static content to the self service portal
              AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Off the top of my head I would look at Announcements, this object could be modified to add an Org Unit field and a static announcement check box.  To display on Self Service both via Dashboard or Self Service Mobile you can add a new announcements style block and add a saved search to filter by Org Unit and by the static announcement field and also by the subject of your announcement therefore only displaying one and the description of it. 

The key issues I can see is that you cannot used the Orgunit hierarchy functions easily, announcement doesn't support multiple lines nicely. However short blocks of text may work.

If its only 1 or 2 Org Units you could just create a new role for each one and give them each their own dashboards.

From testing the functions in 2016.1.1 you would need a similar work around as the HTML supported text box doesn't appear have any filter capability that I can find so would have to either be announcements again or different roles for each org unit.

• 4. Re: Add static content to the self service portal
                florian1 Expert

You can publish announcements on OrgUnit or region level (plus its subordinates) pretty easy using object permissions.

That's what I am doing for several announcements.

By default, only a filter on region level is available.

But if you add a field/relationship for Org Units (depending on your requirement) and use appropriate constraints, it will be just fine. :-)