3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2016 9:36 AM by florian1

    problems with email listener

    kishore.gopal@adaptit.co.za Rookie

      I am using Heat Version 7.2.1000.64.

      I have an email listener setup in Server Setting - Messaging Services. 

      This process reads from the email and updates the system.

      This been working for years and now it stop with the following error message in the event viewer "Error occured while connecting to the email server. Reason: Error reading from stream.".

      The password is correct. I have tested it.

        • 1. Re: problems with email listener
          florian1 Expert

          Hi Kishore,

           

          is this the complete error message you get?

          Normally there should be a more verbose message including the stacktrace containing more information.

           

          Did you already try to connect to another mailbox?

          Is it working there?

          -> If yes, how many items do you have in your inbox? I know that EasyMail (the Email component used by HEAT 7) is sometimes experiencing issues whenever there are more than ~800 elements.

           

          Cheers,

          Florian

          • 2. Re: problems with email listener
            kishore.gopal@adaptit.co.za Rookie

            Hi Florian,

             

            We have an email listener setup for another similar email, and that seems to have worked. The last date this particular email listener stopped was on the 28-06-2016, and for the other one we have setup, the interface has worked for an email recieved on the 30th.

             

            Also, the mailbox only has around 100-200 emails in there.

             

            Thanks

            Kishore

            • 3. Re: problems with email listener
              florian1 Expert

              I don't think it's related to specific dates.

              Do you still have a log in the "BeforeTransformation" folder?

               

              Please also try the following options:

              1) Temporarily move all the mails except one to a subfolder (or Change the listener's mail folder Name to disptach) and restart the Messaging Service.

              Check if this one mail gets dispatched.

              2) Change the Email listener's Server name to something else, save it and rename it to the correct one.

              Restart the Messaging Service.

              3) clear your message ("tofusion") Queue, restart the Messaging Service:

              4) Change your log Level to "Information" and restart the Messaging Service.

              After 5 minutes, change the Level back to "Error" again.

              Have a look at the generated logs if they contain a more verbose log.