5 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2016 7:26 AM by [email protected]

Sending email to problem review board

stapletj@tbh.net Apprentice

I am trying to set a triggered task in the problem BO to email someone if they're linked to the PRB. I set the destination email address to "$(Employee#ProblemAssocProfileEmployee.OwnerEmailAddress)" - and get the error Subtype selectors, Employee.ProblemAssocProfileEmployee, are not supported in this expression.⁽¹⁾

I assume that's to do with the email address I'm looking for being part of a child object of the problem, rather than the problem itself.

Could someone suggest another approach to this?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Sending email to problem review board
          florian1 Expert

Hi Jay,

since ProblemAssocProfileEmployee is a link table (n:m), it is not possible to directly use this relationship.

You can however iterate through and concatenate the email addresses:

$(ForEachChild("Problem#", RecId, "Employee#.ProblemAssocProfileEmployee", $(PrimaryEmail + "; ")))

This works just fine for me.

Cheers,

Florian

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sending email to problem review board

That works perfectly, thanks!

is there a reference anywhere for this type of thing? I'd like to get a better understanding of the under-the-hood workings. I'm conversant in (very) basic coding, but I'd like to know the HEAT specific syntax.

• 3. Re: Sending email to problem review board

While this worked, it will send 5 email if you add 5 people to the PRB.

I realized, I could add a triggered action to the Employee BO, rather than the Problem one, and it will only send to that employee when they're linked to a problem.

• 4. Re: Sending email to problem review board
                florian1 Expert

This is intended behaviour and all based on your trigger (I guess you were using a "on link" rule).

So yes, you can either have a business rule in the Employee object or define additional/other conditions in your Problem object (e.g. "Problem Status changed and linked employees >=3") to send the mail out.

For a better understanding of the functions you can also have a look into the Admin help (https://{yourtenant}/HEAT/help/admin/index.html).

- Reference -> Working with Expressions -> Using Expression Grammar.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Sending email to problem review board

For anyone else who is trying to do this, this is what I've settled on as of now.

Under Employee BO Business Rules, I created a triggered action on link to ProblemAssocProfileEmployee that sends to $(PrimaryEmail)

In the body of the email, I included something like this, which gives them a list of all of the PRBs they have been added to.

You have been added to a Problem Review Board.

You are on the Problem Review Board for the following Problem Records

$("Num:" + "\t" + "Status:" + "\t\t" + "Owner:" + "\t\t" + "Description:")

$(ForEachChild("Employee#", RecId, "Problem#.ProblemAssocProfileEmployee",

$(if Status == "Resolved" then null else ProblemNumber + "\t " + Status + "  " + "\t" + Owner + "\t\t" + Description + "\n")))

Thanks to Florian Deutsch for the references and snippet.