1 2 Previous Next 15 Replies Latest reply on Feb 1, 2017 1:40 AM by c.reinhardt84

How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq

c.reinhardt84 Apprentice

Hi,

we are trying to do the following:

In Employee, we want to have a button on the toolbar which is may called "New Service request for User". After presssing the button, a new (empty) service request should be open but the customer should be prefilled with the previous opened employee. We tried the follwing UI Action but it doesn't work. It opens just an empty service request without the customer information:

{

'ObjectType': 'ServiceReq#',

'Fields': [

{'Name': 'ProfileLink_RecID', 'Value': '$(RecId)'},

{'Name': 'ProfileLink_Category', 'Value': 'Employee'},

]

}

If I for example use this UI action query to set the urgency to High it works. But filling the link field doesn't work. I also tried to fill in the rec id as a string for my user for example but no success.

Do you ever did someting like this or may have an idea how to get this function?

• 1. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
          elysey Apprentice

Hi Christian

Below is what we used for our installation, but this for trying to convert an Incident to a service request

{

{'Name': 'IncidentConvertedLink_Category', 'Value': 'Incident'},

{'Name': 'IncidentConvertedLink_RecID', 'Value': '$(RecId)'},

{'Name': 'ProfileLink_RecID', 'Value': '$(ProfileLink_RecID)'},

{'Name': 'ProfileLink_Category', 'Value': '$(ProfileLink_Category)'},

{'Name': 'EntityLink_RecID', 'Value': '$(EntityLink_RecID)'},

{'Name': 'EntityLink_Category', 'Value': '$(EntityLink_Category)'}

]

}

Some of the details are pre populated and it definitely shows the user being linked however if you have other details on the customer header that is reliant on the link, you may not see this until you save the record.  Have you tried going saving it and then refreshing the record to see if the link did come through or not?  The other items to have a look as well as a potential conflict with initialisation rules on the service request business object.

• 2. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
            hanna.scheller Rookie

Hello Christian,

I created this like that:

I choose the clone object Action and set the values above, without the auto-save option.

That's created for the default Object, so there are no customizings, in the HEAT SM version 2015.2.

Kind Regards

Hanna

• 3. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
              AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Christian

I have just tested your original code in a 2016.1 system and it works fine, added UI Quick Action (pic below) then just added it to the toolbar

• 4. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
                c.reinhardt84 Apprentice

Hi,

yes I also found out that it works in 2016. We are using 2015.2.1.1 and are not able to upgrade at the Moment. It Looks like 2015 is the Problem.

• 5. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
                  a.mossop@qut.edu.au Apprentice

We have tried to do this for our Helpdesk "Launch Screen" which is a custom layout employee which loads automatically when taking a call using HEAT Voice.

123.jpg

The issue is, when we tried to make UI Actions to perform what you're describing, in Service Request upon trying to save a new SR we get this error:

12334.png

Database NULL value is not allowed in 'SvcReqTmplLink_RecID'.

I'm told what we're trying to do (and you by the sounds of it) with both Incident and Service Request isn't achievable with the current ability of UI Actions.  From what they tell me there's a big difference between manually selecting a requester and programmatically....and with the way the UI Action is doing it, it's not setting the link to the requester properly. 

We have a feature request with HEAT Software.  I suggest you request it as well...maybe it'll make it into the 2017.1 build.

• 6. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
                    c.reinhardt84 Apprentice

Thank you for your feedbac. This is very annoying. I mean, the functionality to create a new object and prefill the cutomer name is nothing new. We did it with ITSM Version 5.1.15 nearly 7 years ago.

Now in 2016, it's no longer possibile.... interesting.

• 7. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq

You can with a QuickAction Create Child or Create Object....just not with a UI Action

• 8. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq

The error you are receiving is because there is service request template linked to the service request which is preventing the Service Request from being saved.  The method that Christian and myself used force a new window to open containing the customer details but the analyst still needs to select a Service Request Template in order to save the ticket.

I have not tested creating and saving a service request automatically via a UI action.  It may be possible to push the Service Request Template RecId in to the field but would bee testing.

• 9. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq

I am fairly certain we're attempting to do the same thing. I've recorded a screencapture of what symptoms I have:

https://fileshare.qut.edu.au/public/mossop/ServiceRequestTEMPError.mp4

Here's how the UI Action is configured.  If I've missed anything you think is required, feel free to suggest changes.

2016-09-22_18-22-33.png

• 10. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
                            c.reinhardt84 Apprentice

Can you Show me an example? If i try the following:

2016-09-22 10_23_39-HEAT Service Management.png

And run it, nothing happens. It Looks like the System has created a new request in the Background.

• 11. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq

Sorry, I should have clarified... I have only ever created an incident or change using the Create Object QuickAction.

I'm not sure how you would (or if it's possible) to create a Service Request that way.

• 12. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
                                jhall1 Rookie

Create Quick Action on Incident BO - 'SvcReqSubscLink' and 'SvcReqTmplLink' need to be valid from existing request offerings.

Scope – ObjectWorkspace

Command ID - NewObject

{

{'Name': 'OwnerTeam', 'Value': '$(OwnerTeam)'},

{'Name': 'Owner', 'Value': '$(Owner)'},

{'Name': 'ProfileLink', 'Value': '$(ProfileLink)'},

{'Name': 'SvcReqSubscLink', 'Value': '651810432EC84C77B39233CE1DF535CA'},

{'Name': 'SvcReqTmplLink_Category', 'Value': 'ServiceReqTemplate'},

{'Name': 'SvcReqTmplLink', 'Value': '1BDFCF4FF7904E2381B30C00958A9C3B'},

{'Name': 'Subject', 'Value': 'Incident Service Request'},

{'Name': 'Source', 'Value': 'Email'},

]

}

Another option is to use OpenLinkTab which you can then point to the URL to the request offering. The downfall to this option is that it does not open the new request using the Incident values, but just a new request under your own name.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq

I have been playing and this works as a UI Quick Action from the Employee object to create a service request, you just have to select a request template and add the request parameters

Scope – ObjectWorkspace

Command ID - NewObject

{

'Fields':

[    {'Name': 'ProfileLink', 'Value': '$(RecId)'},

{'Name': 'SvcReqSubscLink', 'Value': 'A24CCA2D55FD48D5A8F53F150E54EB04'},

{'Name': 'SvcReqTmplLink_Category', 'Value': 'ServiceReqTemplate'},

{'Name': 'SvcReqTmplLink', 'Value': 'B424A45FA92D4A3A82E3927C0F140C5A'},

]

}

You will need valid SvcReqSubscLink and SvcReqTmplLink vlaues but these can be taken form any existing ServiceReq

• 14. Re: How to: Quick Action for filling ProfileLink in ServiceReq
                                    SteveGutierrez Rookie

Hello Christian,

Maybe you can try this out. There is a Service Request relationship called ServiceReqAssociatedCustomer. It's a relation to Frs_CompositeContract_Contact. Can you try adding the Service Request and Employee fields to the "Update Fields" section? Choose the Service Request field on the left, and set it to the "To Frs_CompositeContract_Contact's" (Employee) field value on the right. After you save changes, if you create a new Service Request from the employee object, it should auto-fill the fields you added.

Note that you may need to play with the checkbox options so that it only adds values if those fields are empty.

Hope this helps.

Steve Gutierrez

Systems Analyst III

ITD Service Management

Cleveland Clinic

1 2 Previous Next