2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 6, 2016 2:39 AM by [email protected]

Has anyone set up new emails to be sorted by searching for the email domain?

bjarvis@cssdelivers.com Rookie

I'm trying to set up our environment so it can recognise users from different companies that haven't been added as contacts. I want to do this by searching by the email domain and linking it with an email domain saved for the company. The other option is to use the trusted sender domain feature but I don't think it will help me with users with domains not in the system.

• 1. Re: Has anyone set up new emails to be sorted by searching for the email domain?
          elysey Apprentice

Hi Ben

We built this in the past but purely for proof of concept purposes - but it did work

So quick high level summary and I suppose a run down on how it works:

1. In the company business object, store a field that can store the email domain of each company
          2. On insert of a new Incident where source is email, run a business rule that would
            • Link the first journal.email record into a link field (theoretically there should only be 1 at this point in the record's cycle)
            • Once linked, run a business rule that would retrieve the email domain of the "from" field of the journal.email record (you can do this by using a substring)
            • Depending on existing business rules, if there is no matching customer then link the incident to a company with the matching extracted email domain from the previous step

Obviously a few things that needs to be considered are the business rules already set up within the system, the triggered, etc etc as depending on how it is set up, they may need to be altered to accommodate for the solution below.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Has anyone set up new emails to be sorted by searching for the email domain?
            bjarvis@cssdelivers.com Rookie

Thanks Elyse!

I’ve configured something similar to that which I think may have been based off your instructions. I'm getting a problem where if I reply to a customer through the incident, it's started creating multiple incidents but it is linking to the right company.

Did you encounter any issues like that?

Ben