1 of 1 people found this helpful
We built this in the past but purely for proof of concept purposes - but it did work
So quick high level summary and I suppose a run down on how it works:
- In the company business object, store a field that can store the email domain of each company
- On insert of a new Incident where source is email, run a business rule that would
- Link the first journal.email record into a link field (theoretically there should only be 1 at this point in the record's cycle)
- Once linked, run a business rule that would retrieve the email domain of the "from" field of the journal.email record (you can do this by using a substring)
- Depending on existing business rules, if there is no matching customer then link the incident to a company with the matching extracted email domain from the previous step
Obviously a few things that needs to be considered are the business rules already set up within the system, the triggered, etc etc as depending on how it is set up, they may need to be altered to accommodate for the solution below.
I’ve configured something similar to that which I think may have been based off your instructions. I'm getting a problem where if I reply to a customer through the incident, it's started creating multiple incidents but it is linking to the right company.
Did you encounter any issues like that?