1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 3:49 AM by florian1

Prompt PIR Required when trying to close off Change Requests

elysey Apprentice

Been staring at the screen for a few hours now and I am now officially stumped

The requirement here is to prompt a user that a PIR review needs to be completed before any non minor changes can be closed off i.e. if status of a Change is set to Closed and the type is not minor and no PIR has been done or a PIR has been done but not in a completed status, then show the prompt and prevent them from saving.

I'm using the Validation On Save rule for this and have tried the following combination already:

$(Status != "Closed" || TypeOfChange != "Minor" ||
        ChildFold("Change#",  RecId,  "PIR#.",  1,  "+",  "$(RecId != '')") > 0 ||
        IsTrueForAllChildren("Change#",  RecId,  "PIR#.",  "$(Status != 'Completed')"))

$(Status != "Closed" || TypeOfChange != "Minor" || IsTrueForAllChildren("Change#",  RecId,  "PIR#.",  "$(Status != 'Completed')"))

$(Status != "Closed" && TypeOfChange != "Minor" || 
        IsTrueForAllChildren("Change#",  RecId,  "PIR#.",  "$(Status != 'Completed')"))

$(Status != "Closed" || TypeOfChange != "Minor" ||
        ForEachChild("Change#",  RecId,  "PIR#.",  "Status",  "") != "Completed")

Have tried switching the or conditions to ands as well but still no dice.

Any thoughts?  Definitely sure I'm missing something here

• 1. Re: Prompt PIR Required when trying to close off Change Requests
          florian1 Expert

Try using TypeOfChange == "Minor" instead. Otherwise the condition will always become true for non-minor Changes.

Stick with ChildFold and add the PIR status condition there:

$(Status != "Closed" || TypeOfChange == "Minor" ||
            ChildFold("Change#",  RecId,  "PIR#.",  1,  "+",  $(Status == "Completed")) >
            0)

From my point of view this should be fine. :-)

Cheers,

Florian