10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2016 1:04 AM by LeasewebSystemAdministration

Employees_Manager pick list issue

Rookie

Hi once again guys.

This is a short question actually, but highly urgent for our setup.

Yesterday I had a question about picking the manager out of a different list. Now it turns out another colleague of mine had changed some things in the meanwhile, creating a huge issue.

He changed the Employees_Manager pick list, and now we keep getting the same error on any service request related page which would be :

image001.png
      (Unhandled system exception: Validation list 'Employees_Manager' was changed since last request offering's save operation. Please re-configure the control to use the updated validation list. (for future search reference))

Now as you can understand this holds the rest of the company from requesting anything with us, and it even holds us from opening any service request, which we therefore can not fulfill.

This is how the pick list is currently set-up :

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 09.30.57.png

Could anyone tell me what it should be?

Or how I could get rid of this error.

We've already agreed with the colleague he will no longer change anything unless approved. Now we just need to fix it

Thanks in advance, you guys have been a great help so far!

• 1. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Hi, this looks like a custom pick list, I cannot find it in the ootb configuration.  At face value I would need to see how this us being used to advise on the correct settings but the Display field does not look correct, it would be unusual to display a RecId in a service request

Do you have a copy of the system in staging or UAT you can look at to recover the values?  You could even restore a backup of your database somewhere else to extract the values if required.

If this is stopping the entire of Service Request from working and you cannot figure it out easily speak to your First Line support organisation or HEAT Software support.

In future I would recommend using Staging to build out and modify service requests, there can then be imported or moved in a package to Production.  This gives you a chance to test your changes prior to making live, yes it increases the delivery time for small changes but does offer a level of protection.

• 2. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue
            Rookie

Hi again Alasdair,

First of I would like to thank you for once again helping!

Secondly, I honestly do not know where this is connected. There is no fields or forms which actually seem to use this pick list, but when I try to remove it we receive the following error :

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 12.04.45.png

Is there a way for me to quickly check what it would be connected to?

This is in production because to be honest, we were never clearly explained how to move from development to testing, and from testing to production. So we can not copy it from staging or UAT.

Is there any guide on how to do this?

As far as how this is used, as far as I know it was removed from all the service requests. Yet it seems to be pulling it somewhere anyway.

About the first line support organisation, the one setting this up had made quite a bit of mistakes. Which we mostly figured out and fixed our selves. We are currently looking for a proper company to replace them and are in the middle of the yearly budget communications. Causing us to kind of fall in the middle until further notice and will have to do it on our own until then.

• 3. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue

To find where the pick list is used go to the Pick List in the Admin UI and select Usage stats, it will then show Object and Request Offerings where this is used.

In terms of copying from STG > UAT > Prod if you are a premise installation then there is a document in the installer files which details out how the Ops Console works and the development package process...its called something like HEAT_201x-x_Ops_Console_OnPremise-xxxxx.pdf

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue

Also forgot to add backup your database before making further changes so at least you can get back to where you are now if needed.

• 5. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue
                  Rookie

So I found where it was. And removed it. I can now get into the service requests again. But not the one's that were created (already before this happened) with the same error showing up as in the original post.

• 6. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue
                    Rookie

Apparently it's used in a lot of things.

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 13.12.17.png

Is there a way for me to easily remove it from all, without going into every single request?

• 7. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue

I can recreate the issue but am struggling to find a quick resolution, I will continue to review but I do not have that much time today.

• 8. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue
                        Rookie

That's ok. I will manually remove it from all. It seems to be mostly service requests that are not too much work to edit

Thanks anyway, I will see if I can find another way apart from doing it manually.

• 9. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue

This needs to go to support I think I can replicate but not resolve even building out new offerings I now get issues not sure why.  I would contact your HEAT Software account manager and discuss with them the situation and options available.  If you are struggling to get in contact with them let me know and I will make a call on your behalf.

• 10. Re: Employees_Manager pick list issue
                            Rookie

Thanks Alasdair,

I've removed the list from most of the service requests. This seems to have resolved the issue up to the point where it doesn't stop us from working anymore. Now it's basically just a pick list that's unused.

Once again your help has been very useful and highly appreciated.

And as said before, we currently do not have support. Just a matter of time. And as soon as we have support I'm sure to call them with these things