2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 25, 2016 10:17 AM by dennistaylor

Lists

Gazz Apprentice

Hi

Is there a way of building lists which can be used in offerings globally? I find my self having to recreate the same list for each offering over and over within each offering...

Must have missed this in the training.

• 1. Re: Lists
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Yes, you can create a new business object add fields and forms.  This new object can then be used in a Pick List which can be called upon in a Service Request.

3 of 3 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lists
            Rookie

I handled it the same way Alasdair recommends with a slight twist.  I created a single business object which I named "Request Offering Variables", and it contains a Filter text field, Variable text field, and a Sort number field.  When I create a new pick list I use the "Filter" field as a constraint and the number field as the sort by.  An example would be:

Filter     Variable     Sort

Cat1     Hello          1

Cat1     Jello           2

Cat2     Mellow       1

Cat2     Yellow        2

If I wanted to create a dropdown in my Request Offering with Hello and Jello, I would create a new picklist from the "Request Offering Variables" business object with the constraint: Filter Name Equals "Cat1" 

I could then use this picklist across multiple Requests.  Additionally, I created a Data Import Connection so I can import values rather than typing them, which comes in handy for long lists.  To add or remove single or just a few values, I just go to the business object and update it.

One thing I haven't done, but have been thinking about, is creating a new layout and publishing it to other roles so that business owners could manage their own lists. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful