3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 11:08 AM by robert.morton

    PC Clients not showing anymore in Computers in LANrev console

    philcebutv Apprentice

      We've upgraded our LANrev server to 7. A lot of our clients were on 6.3, now some of our PC client successfully upgraded to version 7 but a lot of them were still on 6.3. We've visited these 6.3 clients and manually updated to version 7 using the LANrev installer package exported from the Agent Deployment window with correct LANrev server info.

       

      The problem is these upgraded client does not shows up under computer and I can't figure out as to why it won't show up anymore. If I search these clients under the Agent Deployment window, it shows that the clients are active (green with Access as OK), shows agent version as 7 with correct LANrev inventory server info on it. However, nothing shows up under the Computer window. Syncing from LANrev admin console, restarting the client, stopping and restarting the LANrev agent service on the client does not help at all.

       

      How can i force the clients to reappear under computer?

       

      It is possible also these clients of ours were deleted in LANrev admin console. However, reinstalling the LANrev agent usually solves this but currently it is not helping.

       

      I am out of ideas and would appreciate any advice.

       

      Phil

        • 1. Re: PC Clients not showing anymore in Computers in LANrev console
          robert.morton Apprentice

          You really need to look at that agent logs to see what it is saying. My guess is that something went wrong during the upgrade that basically is an uninstall/reinstall. Perhaps there are still parts around on the agent that are preventing the installation from really taking place. Is the LANrev Agent service running? If so, is there anything interesting in the log files? C:\Windows\Temp\

          • 2. Re: PC Clients not showing anymore in Computers in LANrev console
            philcebutv Apprentice

            Thank you Rob.

             

            LANrev agent service are running on the clients. Restarting the service did not help. What we've noticed is that the upgrade takes a lot of time to install sometimes it will took more than an hour just to upgrade clients. We also notice that if we stop the LANrev agents first and install the new agent it will took less than 5 minutes - we did this for all clients that were on older version of agent.

             

             

            here are some snippet of the logs and I am wondering if the 'no certificate data' mention is the one from the agent or from the server.

             

             

            <2> - The following error occurred while getting license specification packages: An unknown error occurred.

            <2> - Could not get access to the Service Control Manager, could not get services information, error code is 1115

            <2> - External task check for termination: child process exited with code -1073741502 (0xC0000142)

            <2> - LANrevAgentFindFilesHelper crashed

            <5> - Enforcing permissions & ownership of certificates folder at C:\ProgramData\Pole Position Software\LANrev Agent\Certificates...

            <5> - LANrev Agent 7.0 (v5034) on Windows 7 (Enterprise) [64-bit] 6.1 started. Agent serial: 5A96D2F3-9088-43C2-A30A-9F7D79A40547; Timezone: GMT+03:00

            <5> - Version Info: 7.0 (v5034), Copyright 2009-2016 FrontRange Solutions Inc. All rights reserved.

            <5> - LANrev Agent 7.0 (v5034) on Windows 7 (Enterprise) [64-bit] 6.1 with client_ip_address is listening on port 3970...

            <2> - The following error occurred while getting license specification packages: An unknown error occurred.

            <2> - The following error occurred while getting license specification packages: An unknown error occurred.

            <2> - CCobraClientToolShell::DoSendInventory: exception with sending inventory to server 'lanrev.server.com': Could not get host name (Error=1301).

            <2> - The following error occurred while getting license specification packages: An unknown error occurred.

            <2> - A communication error occurred in stream connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3971: {1304}

            <2> - A communication error occurred in stream connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3971: {1304}

            <2> - The following error occurred while getting license specification packages: An unknown error occurred.

            <2> - A communication error occurred in stream connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:52648: {1352} - no certificate data: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

            <2> - A communication error occurred in stream connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:52714: {1352} - no certificate data: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

            • 3. Re: PC Clients not showing anymore in Computers in LANrev console
              robert.morton Apprentice

              This is the key part I believe...

              <2> - A communication error occurred in stream connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:52648: {1352} - no certificate data: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

              <2> - A communication error occurred in stream connected to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:52714: {1352} - no certificate data: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)

               

               

              That implies that there are no certificates installed (or incorrect ones) and no communication will occur then. That certificates folder is very particular about the permissions. You probably should put in a support ticket for that as I appears that there is something incorrect on your upgrade process. I normally just let LANrev push out the update to the agent using the prebuilt packages in the server center. Anything outside of that, may need more assistance.