6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 6:55 AM by sawen

Patches listed as missing despite being installed

sthon Apprentice

Under Windows 10 1607:

All PCs are Patch-Managed by LANref 7.2.1, we have some PCs that are having missing patches listed that have been installed on the same computers days before. They are even listed under the installed software tab of the PCs in question. I have tried scanning for OS update (0 found), running a software distribution check und re-synching the entry. They still list installed patches as missing.

How do I get the server so see, that those PCs aren't missing a thing?

• 1. Re: Patches listed as missing despite being installed
          scifibri Rookie

Try Commands > Gather Installed Software > and check "Scan for Missing Operating System Patches".  Also use the "Missing Patches Info Updated" infoitem to make sure the record is being properly updated to reflect the recent gather installed software. And further in you may want to set your agent settings on your client agent in the inventory server setting to "Scan for missing operating systems patches" checked so upon a regular heartbeat inventory push it automatically does this check but do your testing and research on the Agent Settings change. 

• 2. Re: Patches listed as missing despite being installed
            sthon Apprentice

Hi Brian,

all this was done.

The "Missing Patches Info Updated" is current, the list of missing patches shows as current as well. The Agent settings are of course set to "Scan for missing operating system patches" and the inventory push interval is 720 minutes with a 15-minute heartbeat.

All our clients have these settings by our default. Still they 3/4 of our computers have patch information that is older than 3 days and even if I manually scan and update the lists and run a software distribution check, they still show patches as missing that are already installed.

• 3. Re: Patches listed as missing despite being installed
              scifibri Rookie

Do a force inventory.  try reloading the record.  And if that fails you may want to make sure your local database is syncing properly as well.  I remember a long time ago I ran into something like this but it was custom info items I had an issue with.  i ad to delete some .AS and PLIST files to get the record to update properly.  Anyway it may be best to open ticket at this point.

• 4. Re: Patches listed as missing despite being installed
                sthon Apprentice

Hi Brian,

all done, that's why I am so confused. I even deleted my local database cache.

Today the record's seem straight again. Maybe it was some database issue that was cleared up in the nightly database maintenance.

• 5. Re: Patches listed as missing despite being installed
                  scifibri Rookie

For those who view this thread in the future the other thing you want to be mindful of is that your cached inventory commands are not seriously queued up.  We had that happen one time.  The fix was complicated in theory but after that the queued commands dropped from the 10's of thousands to a periodic few now and then.

• 6. Re: Patches listed as missing despite being installed
                    sawen Rookie

I've also had a similar problem, what I did was removed the Inventory data for missing patches then scanned for missing patches again.

Some machines were missing over 100 updates in the Admin console, but locally on the machine I could see only 5-10 missing.

Seems the servers database was what needed cleaning.