1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 13, 2016 7:21 AM by dcogny

How to handle Time out Exit in workflow

p.neuteboom Rookie

I am experimenting in STG tenant with creating a sequential workflow: a new task should be created when its predecessor is completed. When one of the tasks is cancelled the workflow should stop. I have "trouble" with handling the "Timed-out" exit: I do not want to handle the timed-out, only the "Completed" or "Cancelled" exit. How can I removed it or wait indefinitely? Eventually, the workflow will perform more logic than illustrated, but these are the basics ;-

• 1. Re: How to handle Time out Exit in workflow
          dcogny Expert

Hi,

From the Help:

About the Wait Workflow Block

The Wait workflow block waits for a condition specified in the workflow block to become true, or for a timer to expire. By default, exit ports for this block allow for separate workflow paths for these events.

Wait Workflow Block Properties

The timeout behavior is as follows:

If value-based timer (such as duration) is specified by values

days==null && hours == null && minutes == null,then infinite timeout or never times out
          days==-1 && hours == -1 && minutes == -1,then infinite timeout or never times out
          days<=0 && hours <= 0 && minutes <= 0,then immediately times out and timeout exit is used
          days>0 && hours > 0 && minutes > 0,then combined value is set as the timeout and exit timeout is used when the time passes.

If field-based timer

fieldvalue==null,then infinite timeout or never times out
          fieldvalue<=UtcNow,then immediately times out and timeout exit used
          fieldvalue>UtcNow,then combined value is set as the timeout and exit timeout is used when the time passes

I know it is talking about the "Wait" Block, but I guess all "Timeouts" would work the same (Please remark the "I guess")

Daniel.