5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2017 7:05 AM by fanele

Exporting Employee from EmployeeTeam

fanele Rookie

Is there a way of exporting a Team and its Team Members to Excel? or a list of Employees from the EmployeeTeam?

• 1. Re: Exporting Employee from EmployeeTeam
          dcogny Expert

Hi,

There is a QuickAction that can be created: "Export to Excel", you can create one of this for any Business Object, I was going to make a quick example when I found that my predecessor had already created one:

Hope this helps.

Daniel.

• 2. Re: Exporting Employee from EmployeeTeam
            yannick1 Apprentice

Hi Daniel,

I think what Fanele (let me know if i'm wrong) is asking is for the possibility of exportinga team as well as its team members e.g. Team "Service Desk" has team members A, B and C. Is there a possibility of exporting the Team Service Desk as well as its team members A, B and C?

Looking at your export quickaction, there is just the column "Team"... is it possible to add a column "Team Members" to show all the team members of that team?

Thank you.

• 3. Re: Exporting Employee from EmployeeTeam
              dcogny Expert

Hi Yannick,

There is a way, but not straight forward; you can create a field that will store all the team members, every time someone gets added or removed, the list gets recreated with all the current ones. Then you add that field to the export:

You can use something like this in your "Calculation rule" for the field:

$(ChildFold("StandardUserTeam#",  RecId,  "ProfileEmployeeAssociatedByStandardUserTeam#.Rev2",  "DN",  "+"))

Daniel.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Exporting Employee from EmployeeTeam
                yannick1 Apprentice

Hi Daniel,

I did try your business rule which works great. I just had to modify a little bit the rule as below:

$(ForEachChild("StandardUserTeam#", RecId,  "Employee#.Rev2",  "DisplayName + '; '"))

Thanks very much for your input. Much appreciated.

• 5. Re: Exporting Employee from EmployeeTeam
                  fanele Rookie

Thanks for all the input and clarification given. It was very helpful.

Kind Regards

Fanele Ndzoko

Heat Consultant