3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2017 7:28 AM by simacit

Refresh validation list on changing dependent field

simacit Apprentice

Hi

I have a field validated. The available values of the validation list depends on another field on the form.

How can make that when I change the other field, the available values are reloaded for my validation, without having to save and refresh the form.

Kind regards

Simac IT

• 1. Re: Refresh validation list on changing dependent field
          florian1 Expert

Have a look at the "SubCategory" or "Category" field in the Incident object.

I will shortly explain how it works in "SubCategory":

You can see all sub categories based on the chosen service and its category:

This is done by using the [ValidationList] parameter:

If I were to translate this picklist into human language:

"Show me the Sub Category field in the business object SubCategory

where

- the sub category field value "Service" matches my currently selected Incident-Service and

- the category field matches my currently selected Incident-Category

You can maintain all the possible Sub Categories under the SubCategory validation business object:

Also have a look at your HEAT help at "Referencing a Constrained Validation List for a Business Object":

http://{yourtenant}/HEAT/help/admin/index.html#reference/expressions/field_references.htm?Highlight=validationlist

• 2. Re: Refresh validation list on changing dependent field
            simacit Apprentice

Hi Florian

Thanks for your comment, however my issue looks not as simple as that.

Concrete, it's the following

I have a Customer Contact (ProfileLink) and he is member of a Organization Unit. Since we are a service provide we have multiple Customers (Organizations) have each one or more Contracts (CI.Contract).

We have created a pick list to show ony the contracts of that customer in a ticket. This works as we like in Incidents and Service Requests. We choose a Customer Contact and instantly the pick list of contracts is updated. However we added the same functionality to Changes and Problems (he we even created  a custom ProfileLink) and here we only get the correct list of contracts when we first save the ticket and refresh the screen.

If I would know what's needed to trigger the refresh of the pick list I could seriously improve the use of the feature.

Kind regards

• 3. Re: Refresh validation list on changing dependent field
              simacit Apprentice

Hi Florian,

I could resolve the issue, I had a wrong relationship in my constraints of the Validation List

Thanks

René