2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2017 2:57 PM by ronpf

Service Request - Leader Approval

Rookie

I have a Service Request offering that has an approval block in it. I want this approval to go to the customers team leader/manager. I'm unable to find a relationship that links the two. Has anyone been able to get an approval block to route to the customer's manager?

• 1. Re: Service Request - Leader Approval
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

It is done using the ManagerLink on the Employee record.  This is a link field  back to the employee record so you can set a manager for a user, it is also possible to populate from AD (if AD has managers set).

For the Approval on the request offering, I pull the manager recid on to the offering form the employee lookup or CurrentUser functions.  This can then be used directly on the Approval in the User from Context BO field/ Service Request Parameter field.

• 2. Re: Service Request - Leader Approval
            ronpf Rookie

I have a similar issue with the "Get Approval" block. I had no problem with a manager approval by storing the manager's email in a hidden form field triggered by

My problem now is with how do I send the approval to the HR Team? There doesn't seem to be a way to do this unlike a Task block that has a team drop down list to select from.