12 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2017 3:36 AM by AlasdairRobertson

Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission

ccrispin Apprentice

We are looking to add a form offering in the service catalogue which will allow submission of project related issues. I cannot get the project or project issue BO to appear in the form offering creation screens. Approval vote tracking and Incident appear only. I have read the KB article which advises a relationship is required. I have added relationships but cant seem to populate the business object drop down.

Has anyone done this before??

• 1. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

You will need to create a new form on the FRS_Prj_Issue for self service, you will need someway of identifying the project to link the issue to (this bit will be slightly tricky as the ParentLink field is used across objects my initial thought would be to create a pick list of projects with the value field being the RecId and using a search and link on save to join it back to the main project.)   Yuo will also need to add a Save button.

Once your form is built create a new self service layout.

From the roles and permissions you can edit the self service role, go to the my items top level tab and add in the Issues object using your new self service layout.

Then add a new workspace action (at the bottom of the same tab) configure a new button for Project Issues)

Save and you can then create a new project issue.  You can test this with just adding the OOTB forms and layouts, there will be no save button but if you click back to my items it will offer to save the record.  It will create the record it just will not be attached to a project but you can view it in the Project Issues workspace.

I hope this all makes sense...a little work required, I have it working in my test system except for linking back to the original project but I am confident it is possible with a little fiddling.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission
            ccrispin Apprentice

Thanks Alasdair

I have followed your advice and have made good progress. I now have an issue form that is accessed from self service. I am having a little problem though getting the project list to link the issue to the relevant on save, can you give me some pointers on how to make that happen?

• 3. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission

I would add 2 fields to the Project Issue object

1. Project Link from Self Service - Boolean field

2. Project - Text (32)

Create a pick list if the project numbers or descriptions (from the main project object) and make the Value field the RecId of the project.  add this pick list to the Project field above.  Add a new initialisation rule to your Project Issue (Self Service) form that sets the Project Link from Self Service flag.

Add a triggered business rule that only runs upon create when the Project Link from Self Service is set true.  Run a search and link matching the Project field captured above with the main project using the Frs_ProjectAssocProjectIssue relationship.

So now when a user adds a new issue via self service they select the project the issue is for form the drop down list, when saving the system will look for the project and link the issue to it upon save.

Please let me know how you get on.

• 4. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission
                ccrispin Apprentice

Thanks Alasdair - I am working through this, can you give me some pointers around

"Add a new initialisation rule to your Project Issue (Self Service) form that sets the Project Link from Self Service flag."

I have tried to work out how this should work but am a little stuck

Thanks again

• 5. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission

The previous post was off the top of my head in terms of an approach...its works and I have built it out fully in my test system.  Here are a few notes:

1. . The field Project - Text (32) should be Fixed (32) as it is going to hold a RecId and the Pick list you create may not display correctly for a variable length field.

2. The initialisation business rule being form specific is a great feature, you can see this in the incident object for the self service forms.

Just select the self service form you created from the Show rules for form option.

Then add your initialisation rule...it will only apply to he self service form.

3. Add your triggered action...here are the main screen for the search and link:

• 6. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission
                    ccrispin Apprentice

Thanks very much I have this working now - your awesome. I have the form added in the service catalogue and am just trying to figure out how to add a save button.

• 7. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission

To Add a Save Button just create a quick action on the Project Issue object as an update with no fields selected and tick the Automatically Save Changes flag.  An example is on the Incident object under form actions "Save" this is how it is done for Self Service tickets.

Glad to help out, please could you mark the question as completed with the first post so others can see there is a working solution, thanks.

• 8. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission
                        ccrispin Apprentice

I have marked as completed - I tried the save solution you provided but it appears that you cannot add that quick action without specifying a field?. I looked at the incident one and tried to replicate but I cannot without adding a field

• 10. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission

Try this, in the update block set the field to Status and tha value to $(Status) that way it will just set the status field to itself and save the record.

• 11. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission
                            ccrispin Apprentice

Hi Alasdair

I have been working with this for a few days and am having an issue when using a service catalogue form offering to publish the form created. I have followed your advice apart from the idea to publish this as a request offering. The issue I have is when it is a form offering it will save (once) when I click 'back to service catalogue'. If I log out and back in a second attempt to submit an issue will result in an error as follows 

Business object could not be saved due to following error(s):

Error" The attempt to validate the form is too late. The form shows another object already. objectId was: (newcli1), now: (newcli2)
                            Contact your system administrator.

Show details
                            The following information does not satisfy validation constraints:
                            Any ideas??
                            • 12. Re: Create SR form offering to allow project issue submission

I only built this to be driven form a button on the My Items menu, I am not sure how it would work as a request offering form.   I will try to have a look over the next couple of days for you.