2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 2:29 PM by DaveE

How do I reinstall the same program on the same client?

Rookie

I successfully created a launchpad link for a distribution package that installs Adobe Reader 9.0 that worked on several clients. What needs to be done to make this install work again for the same client should it be uninstalled through Add/Remove Programs? Should programs installed through Launchpad not be removed from a system through Add/Remove Programs? That is what is implied in the Launchpad best known methods guide. I'm getting the (shortcut.runner) error: CreateProcess failed to launch executable.

I've deleted and recreated links and tasks with different names; removed and added the client machines from the tasks; checked logs; rebooted...keeps giving the above error.

I don't need to run or start programs from launchpad, just have them available for the end-user to install - over and over again if needed.

• 1. Re: How do I reinstall the same program on the same client?
          Rookie

Anyone?

I've decided to not use the Launchpad (not for the near future anyway) and go with the Software Deployment Portal. That seems to be working more in line with how we were using Zenworks Application Explorer.

Any suggestions on how to make Launchpad work to reinstall programs that have been uninstalled through Add/Remove Programs are still welcome.

• 2. Re: How do I reinstall the same program on the same client?
            SupportEmployee

You could also try Managed Planet's Software Store.  It will detect if the .exe (or whatever you specify) is on the drive and then install if is not, regardless of how you uninstall the application (or how a user did it).  Software Store was designed originally as a replacement for Novell's Application Launcher and has been around for several years.