1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 11, 2017 3:21 AM by [email protected]

Is it possible to embed a file (e.g. a spreadsheet) in a Service Request form?

louise.piper@it.ox.ac.uk Apprentice

The scenario is that for a particular type of request we will ask for individual details but if the request is for a large number of users it may be more practical to allow the requestor to download a predefined spreadsheet to be completed and uploaded to the form.

I thought I might be able to do it using Form Designer Tools > Attachments as this allows you to attach various types of file, but cannot see how you'd then be able to insert it into the form. It only appears to allow you to insert picture files.

Is this possible? Has anyone done anything similar?

Thanks / Regards

Louise

• 1. Re: Is it possible to embed a file (e.g. a spreadsheet) in a Service Request form?
          louise.piper@it.ox.ac.uk Apprentice

Ivanti Support have very kindly provided a workaround for this which seems to work quite nicely (I've slightly tweaked this):

Upload a Test file to Form Designer Tools > Attachments:

Add a Search in the Attachment workspace to find the RecID of the attached file:

In Request Offering, insert a Read Only Text field with a Default Value Expression pointing at the relevant RecID:

'<a href="/handlers/DownloadAttachmentHandler.ashx?objectid=9D8A4FAE890C4E8994AA62B879691F8A">Download File</a>'

Alternatively use the same expression in the Help Text:

Creates a URL or Help text with a Link to the attached file. When the user clicks on the link they are prompted to save the file where they wish.

Thanks Chris Bakken!

2 of 2 people found this helpful