2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2017 4:52 AM by yannick1

Send email to a user when an Incident Survey is received.

yannick1 Apprentice

Hi all,

I have created a business rule in Incident to send a notification to a specific user when a survey is received. The trigger of this business rule is on link of a survey to an Incident record as shown below:
      I have also given the Admin role the right to be able to edit Incident records which are closed:
      However, this business rule does not trigger when a survey is received for an Incident record. I also added a workflow on the FRS_SurveyResults to run when a new Survey Result is created. This workflow does not even run at all.
      I am not too sure why all the business rule/workflow does not trigger. Is there something I am missing?
      Has anyone implemented this functionality before?
      Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Send email to a user when an Incident Survey is received.
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

When I looked in to this a while back the Survey objects are not true Service Manager Objects, it was not possible to run business rules or triggers against these.  The classic example most customers were asking for was if a rates of <3 then generate an alert.  It might be possible to do this using analytic metrics but I have not got round to playing with it.

If you need this functionality please raise it with support so the request can be added to the RM or a new RM raised.

• 2. Re: Send email to a user when an Incident Survey is received.
            yannick1 Apprentice

Hello Alasdair and thanks for your feedback.

I opened an Incident with Ivanti Support where they confirmed that the way Surveys are implemented means that when they are completed by the user the results are loaded into the system directly by the Survey Module into the database. They do not pass through the normal processing so Business Rules are not triggered.

A feature request has already been logged for this functionality.

Thank you.