2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 9:14 AM by Gazz

Update Block - Waiting for customer

Gazz Apprentice

I am trying to use the update block to change the status of the request to "Waiting for customer" however the update fails as it requires a note to be added, this appears to be what is causing the fail in the work flow. I cannot find an option to to add a note.

Is there a way to add a note to the Update when using the waiting for customer option? 

• 1. Re: Update Block - Waiting for customer
          AlasdairRobertson ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Gary

The problem is that when you set the status to "Waiting for Customer" it triggers a business rule with a prompt to fire which generates that note.  The alternative is to change the Waiting for Customer Process so that a field on the SR object is updated with the content for the note and then the business rule can just grab this field if it is not blank and use it in the email to the customer.  The advantage of this method is that when the customer reminder gets sent out the customer gets the original requested items again in the reminder.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Update Block - Waiting for customer
            Gazz Apprentice

Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for the reply which all makes sense. The only issues is, at the risk of sounding like a total newbie, how do I go about doing this? I've fiddled around on the STG platform but haven't a clue.....

Any guidance when you have some time will be appreciated.