This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
Does anyone know when OSD will get a facelift and what sort of features can we expect?
I would like to know the answer to this also. The current documentation is also for NetInstall 5.5 but I assume the current OSD addon will work with 5.7 SP1. Right?
a new version of OSD will see the light of day this year...
We are currently working very intensively on it and it'll be a MAJOR release...
Some new features will be:
- fully integrated into the NetInstall infrastuctute (as it well be a management application, just like Desktop Manager, Extended Reporting etc.)
- will fully use and support the concept of administrative roles
- modern UI with the possibility of hierarchically nested computergroups, property inheritance etc.
- will have a built-in imaging component - you'll have the choice to select the deployment method, that best fits your needs (unattended setup, imaging or mixed)
- the imaging component will be capable to use multicast-distribution to lower the network workload
- OS setup will automatically use any appropriate PnP-drivers available in NetInstall - no more adding of new drivers manually...
..and LOTS of other features (tba ;-).
Any information on how the new version is coming?