2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 7, 2009 6:57 AM by deans

Using Parameters in Custom Script

Rookie

Hi All,

I used to running a script to collect log file from Client machine. The log file name generated from application by current date format.

Do we could use a current date parameter in Custom Script to collect the log file?

Rgds,

Sayfrudin

• 1. Re: Using Parameters in Custom Script
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

If by custom script you mean LANDesk's scripts then it doesn't support parameters like that; however, you could execute something like cmd /c followed by dos batch commands as long as you don't try to use user variables.

Alternatively, take a look at the dos and vbscripting support and write your routines in those so that you have full access to their capabilities in this area.

Mark Star - MarXtar LANDesk Enhancements

Home of Power State Notifier & Wake-On-WAN for LANDesk

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Using Parameters in Custom Script
            Rookie

Thanks for your help.

I have searching a batch script to manage date format of log file name which always change. So I'm using date variable from batch file (taken from a dos forum), and then create another batch file to grab created log file name. After that renaming the file to a fixed date format (using variable created on first script.

I will posted the script original source after finding my documents.