4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2009 6:54 AM by jvhooijdonk

BSOD on Vista with office 2007

jvhooijdonk Apprentice

Hi all,

I have a problem with one of my clients. I have installed the agent including the antivirus. Once it's installed and the user opens Outlook 2007 the machine crashes with a BSOD. When he starts Outlook in the save made it goes fine, so something goes wrong with the AV plugin. Removal of the AV engine was the only way to get his machine stable again. Does anyone else experiance this issue and even more important, is there a sollution?

Thanks for you replies,

Jan

• 1. Re: BSOD on Vista with office 2007
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

You didn't specify what version you're using, which doesn't help.

At a guess, this would/should be resolved by upgrading the AV-side of things to the latest engine, so you may want to upgrade to the latest service pack for your version of LANDesk and then potentially request the latest AV-patch as applicable from your regional LANDesk support.

I'd suspect that it's just a case of an older version of the outlook-plugin for the AV-DLL, as I'm running Office 2007 quite peacefully myself with the AV.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 2. Re: BSOD on Vista with office 2007
            jvhooijdonk Apprentice

I'm sorry, I'm running version 8.8 SP2a. So it can't be a old version I asume .

I'm also very happy with the LANDesk AV, until now it's only one client which has this problem.

• 3. Re: BSOD on Vista with office 2007
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

Hmm - you may want to try and do an uninstall/re-install of the client then? Sounds like there may be some obscure artifact on it from older times, and/or the outlook plugin didn't update properly (since it works fine on all your other clients) perhaps.

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest opening a case with support, and we'll have a look at the logfiles from there...

Possibly having a virtualised copy of the client in question would be a good thing too, but that can be resolved in the support case if needed.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: BSOD on Vista with office 2007
                jvhooijdonk Apprentice

It is a brand new LANDesk installation, so no orphan items on the machine from a old agent. I will open a case, hope we can figure this one out.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Jan