5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2009 2:07 AM by eigamryn

How can i make Quarantine folder always small file?

Apprentice

Greetings of Peace!I have a problem of Quarantine Folder located in "C:\quarantine" the files inside the quarantine folder are very big!How can we maintain this files not to became big?

• 1. Re: How can i make Quarantine folder always small file?
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Moved thread over to Antivirus, as this has nothing to do with Service Desk...

============

Using the HELP-file is a good start.

Otherwise, you'll also find this in the AV-behaviour you configure.

1 - Open 32-bit Console

2 - Go to TOOLS -> Security and Patch Manager

3 - Click on the 3rd icon (wrench) and select "LANDesk Antivirus settings..."

4 - select the AV settings you want to modify (depends how many you have) and click on the the EDIT button...

5 - go to the "Quarantine/Backup"-tab.

6 - Here's your setting. By default this is NOT limited in size. Set it to what you want here.

7 - Click "OK" to save the changes and close the window.

8 - Click "CLOSE" to close the "Configure LANDesk Antivirus Settings" window when you're done with your AV-settings.

9 - in the "Security and Patch manager" tab, click on the second icon (stop watch with green arrow) from the left, and select "Install.Update LANDesk Antivirus..." ... and schedule the update of the AV-settings out to your devices.

==============

Since you're new to this, and probably a bit out of the depth of your comfort zone, I would suggest that you talk to your management about getting some training. A tool like LANDesk is really too big to learn on the fly (it'd take years) - even with training it's a LOT to take in, but at least you'll have documentation and exercises to fall back on (and you can see if you can get it customized more towards your specific needs).

LANDesk is running regular (week-long'ish) training sessions itself, as are our partners (the people you bought LANDesk from). See what's available in your region of the world. It'll help you a lot in making the most of the software (and even with training, it often takes a good few months - it *IS* pretty darn BIG).

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical lead.

• 2. Re: How can i make Quarantine folder always small file?
            Apprentice

ok another job well done!yes your right!as a new one, i need to study, i have a landeskmanagement suite 8.8 book here, it helps me but only in the basic problems!anyway i have a training this week in landesk, i hope i will be better landesk admin someday!tnx!

• 3. Re: How can i make Quarantine folder always small file?
              phoffmann SupportEmployee

No problem.

As I said, it's a big piece of software - don't expect to master it in a few days or weeks - just work it one field at a time.

Enjoy the course and good luck with your other projects.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 4. Re: How can i make Quarantine folder always small file?
                LANDave SupportEmployee

The quarantine folder right off of C:\ shouldn't be LANDesk Antivirus.

Usually the quarantine folder is in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDeskAV\Quarantine for XP/2003 and C:\Program Data\LANDeskAV\Quarantine for Vista/Server 2008.

• 5. Re: How can i make Quarantine folder always small file?
                  Apprentice

Hi!sir david you are right!quarantine folder in drive c: is not landesk folder..it is "windows back up"i will try to fix it this day!