1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 11, 2009 3:41 AM by phoffmann

Adding IPMI error states in Reports and Queries

Rookie

One of our managers has asked for a report on how many machines are throwing an IPMI error for a bad PSU (this is related to a firmware bug that we are triaging).  I can view the error in the web console, but when I try to build a query in the 32-bit console the IPMI section doesn't have an option for Hardware->Power Supply.

Where in the database does the data from the webconsole's Hardware -> Power -> Power Supplies tree live?

• 1. Re: Adding IPMI error states in Reports and Queries
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

It doesn't hold this information in the 32-bit console because it's still more the old "Server Manager" side of things that takes care of this - which is conceptually easiest to regard as a "WebConsole only" component.

There's been a LOT of movement to match the 32-bit Console and the WebConsole up together (so as to make sure that they're getting more identical in terms of functions), we'll see if we'll be able to do it for everything, but this is an ongoing effort over the past few years and will likely continue for a few yet to go.

Easiest place to look for would probably be the ALERT-tables (ALERTHISTORY / ALERTLOG of most interest usually, depending on version of LANDesk used). Server Manager isn't my greatest strength, I'll admit, but I don't think there's an overly easy way (shy of ploughing through quite a bit of SQL) of pulling such a report - it would make a good enhancement request.

Just that at this point, I think it's more about the real-time and less about using this data for reporting yet. Certainly it's not information that's queryable through the normal query engine.

Hope this helps along the way a bit.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead