3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2009 1:05 AM by aparker

Best way to escalate in parallel with Incident ?

Apprentice

A couple of the Service Delivery Managers currently use an access database to record complaints/escalations from ServiceDesk regarding calls that have stalled (lack of communication, high bounce count, unhappy user, etc.) so that they can investigate to find out what has gone wrong and get a successful resolution.  Obviously this is quite time consuming copying data from the existing call in ITBM into the access database and I have been asked to try and integrate this into ITBM.  The problem I have is that this process needs to be started by ServiceDesk but then must only be seen by the two Service Delivery Managers, and this data needs to be accessible no what what the status of the call (even resolved).  I thought about using some sort of Task (and use queries for the Service Delivery Managers), and views/roles to restrict access to the data.  Has anyone else done something similar ?  Is this the best way ?

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Best way to escalate in parallel with Incident ?
          aparker Employee

Hi,

There are number of possible that you could approach this, and I hope that others may contribute their ideas, but here is one idea that I have implemented for a hardware support company.

Create a statistics object that is linked to an action in your process called 'Add Stats', for example. Within this object create a series of boolean attributes that represent an event. So, one may relate to an assigment, another to a complaint action etc. These are then added to the process as Automatic Actions where you set the combination of flags that relate to that step of the process. Do this for all points on the process where you want to collect an event. Do not expose this in the window as a collection.

What will now happen is as you run your processes, the stats object will collect against each process the number of times a particular event has occured. This can be wrapped into a crystal report that is only published to the service managers and they can see the activities of the process. You could even enhance the collection to capture the times of the events and the groups and analysts responsible for them.

This is a summarised idea. If you want some more detail let me know.

Andy

• 2. Re: Best way to escalate in parallel with Incident ?
            Apprentice

Hi Andy

Would this allow the 'escalation' team to add private notes after the call is resolved/closed ?

Thanks in advance

Bricktop

• 3. Re: Best way to escalate in parallel with Incident ?
              aparker Employee

Hi,

Yes you can do that by creating a new 'Private Note' collection and giving the privs to execute the associated action to those that need it. Go to the process and add the action at the appropriate place and then give them a modified window that included visibility of that action, or you could leave it off the window and give them a query that allowed them to search the Incidents for any private notes.

Hope that helps.

Andy

1 of 1 people found this helpful